DLX737200
Topic Author

What Will The Aviation World Be In 10 Years?

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:38 pm

Hi everyone. I wanted to see what people spectulate the aviation industry will be like in 10 years. This is purely speculation seeing how anything could happen. There are a number of factors that could play a part in the an upswing or another downswing. Will there ever been another upswing for majors in the US? Let's try to speculate what would happen if we knew for sure there would never be another aviation terrorist attack. Hopefully there are more repeats of 9/11 but we don't know. What airlines will be around in 2015? What airports will be booming? Will NW still have DC-9s? Will the US/HP merger be successful? How many A380s will be flying?

lehpron

RE: What Will The Aviation World Be In 10 Years?

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:04 pm

It might not change much, IMO ten years seems like a short amount of time. I donno why though, I aged 40% since 1995.  Smile Keep in mind that Boeing and Airbus so far have made new planes about once every 10-15 years, what went into service circa 2000? Is anything gonna get a sistership?

Things like the price of oil, if you believe in the chaos, may go up to $100/barrel by then. Again, IMO, for the price of oil to jump so much so suddenly seems artificial to me. I think it may drop after it peaks, when it peaks...
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.