FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

Is Now The Time To Book: Thanksgiving And Xmas

Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:50 am

Ok, so I've been putting off the Thanksgiving trip home from college, but with 4 weeks until I head on off for college, I want to have definitive plans for the Thanksgiving and Xmas time periods.

For Thanksgiving I will fly down on Nov 18 BDL-FLL and back on NOV 27 (blackout date) FLL-BDL and for Xmas the dates will be Dec 14- Jan 21 or 22 respectively. (yea, a 5 or 6 week break is awesome!)

Anyway, with 4 weeks in my window of opportunity here, is now the time to book, or will prices go down in a couple of weeks? Song did not go down when WN introduced lower fares.

Another question. This sounds childish, but Thanksgiving will be my first time traveling alone, and I'm a little talkative, and espically jumpy (sometimes I tend to act a little younger on a plane because I'm SO excited...see told ya this is childish!) when I'm on a plane, any tips on how to act. I usually am surrounded by my family and if I play my cards right I will have a window seat and thus a seatmate or 2.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

AeroWesty

RE: Is Now The Time To Book: Thanksgiving And Xmas

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:39 pm

If you're waiting for a fare sale to come along for travel on Sun, Nov 27, 2006, which will be the busiest travel day of the year, you've already waited too long. Prices for Sunday travel vs. Saturday or Monday are already carrying a $100-$150 premium on the FLL-BDL sector.
International Homo of Mystery

FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

RE: Is Now The Time To Book: Thanksgiving And Xmas

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:13 pm

It's not like I have a choice...I need to make a flight Sunday, but I need to for as cheap as possible!
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL