steph42

Student Research-US Airline Survey: Input Wanted

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:51 am

I’m a student doing research for my Masters Degree at the Uni of Bath, UK comparing full service and low cost airline customer service demands and performance.

If you’ve flown with United, Delta, Southwest, or JetBlue on a US domestic flight within the last 9 months, would you fill out an online survey re your trip(s) with the airline? It is anonymous, for academic purposes only, and will take a few minutes.

The site: http://www.airlineservicesurvey.com/

I'm a frequent reader of the board and would appreciate everyone’s input on these airlines’ performance. Thanks!

Steph

steph42

RE: Student Research-US Airline Survey: Input Want

Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:19 am

Thanks to those who have participated, anyone else who wants to weigh in its greatly appreciated.

727EMflyer

Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:20 am

Would be interesting to see results when your data becomes relevant!

xjramper

Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:56 am

I would like to see the entire report if at all possible. I am into experimental psychology, and this, altho not psychology, seems very interesting.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

Goldenshield

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:08 am

I'm assuming that those in the industry itself are exempt from this survey?
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

ANCFlyer

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:56 am

I agree with XJ - I'd like to see the results of our combined 2 cents worth . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

steph42

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:47 am

I'll put a link up when all the data is analyzed and the final article is complete, depending on the number of responses, the quality of the data etc.

As for those in the industry, I would say you are exempt from completing the survey for an airline you are employed by. Otherwise go for it. Thanks.

Web

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:25 am

Why just UA, DL, WN, and B6?

steph42

Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:54 am

I choose two full service, two budget airlines, results of which I will then compare; and the airline choices are for practical reasons, as they flew out of the airports for which I obtained permits to survey.

vatveng

Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:51 am

I would suggest that you need a way to answer "N/A" if the particular question does not apply to me. For example, the question "Airline personnel handle customer complaints well"... what if I did not have a complaint, or did not observe other passengers with complaints? I can answer the part about how important it is to me, but I cannot judge the airline's performance because I have not witnessed it.

This is my biggest gripe with any type of survey, like in restraunt surveys where you have to pick an answer for how clean the bathroom is even if you didn't visit the bathroom. It skews the results because I have to make up an answer.

steph42

Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:23 pm

Yeah I completely understand your issues with surveys--I dislike them myself, think they are deeply flawed, but unfortunately have to use them for this form of research.

It is fine if you leave it blank, not everyone will have encountered all the items of service listed and I am expecting people to leave certain items blank. In the instructions to that part of the survey, it says "If you have no experience of the factor mentioned, please leave that question unanswered"

Thanks again for filling it out.