chepos

Connection Time At JFK?

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:37 pm

Hello Kids !!!! Just a quick question ?
I have a flight on delta on December 29th between FRA and SJU with a connection in New York JFK. Our flight lands in JFK at around 3:30 p.m. and we depart to San Juan at 4:55 p.m, I've nevered flown into Terminal 3 at JFK (which Im sure is prety busy at this time) and our SONG flight leave at 4:55pm from terminal 2 (were most song flights depart out of). Im just wondering if 1 hour and 15 minutes is enough time to clear customs and recheck our luggage. Other than that Im prety excited about this trip since it will be my first time going to Europe and leaving the U.S.A we are scheduled to fly on a 777 (another first for me). YAY!!!!!
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

SA7700

RE: Connection Time At JFK?

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:21 pm

Chepos

The connecting time on the FRA-SJU sector is extremely tight, given the time of arrival. To my knowledge, afternoons at T3 Customs and Immigration are quite hectic. In the end it really all depends on the speed of the Customs and Immigration staff, IMMHO.

(When we get to T3 on SA, at ± 7am, we are the only flight that has to be processed, so it goes quite quickly - less than 25 minutes from the plane, through customs, re-checked and on your way to your connecting flight).

Enjoy the 777, they are magnificent! I see that UA has substituted my 763 flight in December (ORD-DEN) for a 777, so yay for me as well!!

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

rjpieces

Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:58 am

I assume you're connecting through ATL on your way there?

Anyhow, not sure if this is possible, but once you clear customs could you bring your bags to T2 and drop them off there rather than leaving them at the transfer desk where there are probably tons of arriving bags? I'm not sure if this is a good idea or even possible, but just thought I'd throw it out.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

chepos

Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:19 am

Yeah going over there I'm flying out of Daytona Beach so the connection is via Atlanta. Hey maybe we'll get lucky and they will hold the flight for us, hey we are 4 people connecting on that flight.
Anyways I wouldn't be terribly bothered if I had to spend a night in the big apple. Afterall Im on vacation so I don't have to make it to work or anything.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

rjpieces

Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:49 am

On the way home, you should have no problem catching your flight...I was just worried that your bags might not!
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

chepos

Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:27 am

Thanks everybody, it would suck if my bags dont make it to San Juan- i'll try anything just to make sure that my bags make it to Puerto Rico. But thanks for the advice of taking them over and actually rechecking them in at Terminal 2.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!