jacobin777

Traveling On AF For The First Time.what To Expect?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:30 pm

I'm traveling on AF next week from LHR-CDG-DXB on a 737-500 then an A330-200 , and my return trip will feature an A330-200 and an A321..

I also have a connecting EK flight from DXB-KHI.

I've flown on EK's A330's a bunch of times, both cattle and business class, and I do love those birds..  yes 

I'm sitting Y-class for this trip  Sad

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of service I should expect, and are both the times mentioned above adequate?

I've hard lots of bad stuff regarding CDG..but I was there back in 2001 and flew EK from CDG-DXB and didn't experience any problems.

The terminals for all the flights to/from CDG are Terminal-2 and Terminal-2F respectively.

My connecting flights have about a two hour layover @ CDG both ways....

My return leg is EK/AF/AA from KHI-DXB-CDG-LHR-JFK and I wanted to know if EK/AF will forward my luggage only to LHR (and I will I have to go through customs, get my baggage, and recheck in @ LHR), or will AF forward my luggage on to AA for my LHR-JFK trip.

I arrive LHR @ 8:00 a.m. and my flight to JFK is at 12:00 noon...so I assume that even if I have to get my luggage, I should have enough time to recheck them at the AA terminal

Any help would be appreciated.  Smile
"Up the Irons!"

smcmac32msn

RE: Traveling On AF For The First Time.what To Exp

Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:11 am

Atleast your not on an A340... I hear those crash a lot on landings...  duck 
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.