Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NHstaralliance
Topic Author

Codesharing Between JL And TG,NZ

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:56 pm

Hello.I'm a member of ANA Mileage Club(AMC),and I have a holder
of Star Alliance Silver.
I hereby have a request regarding the gpartner airlineh and gallianceh
services that have been in effect around the world for the past few years, including gStar Allianceh.

That is, the partner service in effect between JL and TG. Also ,JL and NZ.With ANA as a Star Alliance member from Japan, for JL to tie a partner alliance with TG,and NZ may cause fear of a misunderstanding.

Especially since TG has a partner alliance with NH for only the Narita line, it may cause much more confusion with a partner alliance with JL for only the domestic Japanese lines via Nagoya, Kansai, and Fukuoka.

JL occurred many of serious incidents, troubles of this year.on August 10, jumbo of JALWAYS 728 service which was codeshered with TG occurred engine trouble in Bangkok. It will be lower the quality a good image of STAR ALLIANCE by a trouble of August 10 in particular and, for a passenger who is using a STAR ALLIANCE participation airline including NH frequently, it seems that there can be code share service and a saying thing again, and TG side is troubled .Many trouble of JL continues still occurring, Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport gave JL duties improvement order on this March.

I have a question for you.Do you agree codesharing between JL and any staralliance carriers such as TG,NZ? I against of course.
And I'd like to hear your opinions about JL codesharing.
Thank you for your cooperations.

NHstaralliance
Topic Author

RE: Codesharing Between JL And TG,NZ

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Let me give some supplementary explanation.

ANA have joined the Star Alliance in 1999.But the then Japanese 2 major airlines, Japan Airlines (Hereafter referred to as JAL), and Japan Air System (Hereafter referred to as JAS) had merged to form a new holding company last year. The domestic sales offices of JAL and JAS are fully merged on 4TH October 2002 and named JAL Sales. The overseas branches and offices are still running separately but in full cooperation to serve their customers. Full business integration is expected to be completed in April 2004.

JAL operates code-share flights between Thai Airways (Hereafter referred to as TG), 4 routes in Thailand, 28 flights a week. ANA also operates code-share flights between TG 4 routes in Thailand, 28 flights a week. JAL also operates code-share flights between TG in the domestic Japanese lines. But ANA doesnft operate code-share flights between TG in the domestic Japanese lines. Donft you think that it is contradictory?

Varig, one of the member companies that had a previous code share with JAL, changed their partnership to ANA.