ZRH
Topic Author

More Pitch/Width Or Better Service/IFE

Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:15 am

If any airline would let you choose to have more seat width and pitch but no service and IFE at all or good meals and PTVs and less pitch/width, what would you choose?
For me it is absolutely clear. I always would take more width and pitch over the service and IFE. I easy could do it without any service and IFE. I would bring my own sandwiches and water. My own IFE I have anyway always with me, mostly I read a book. I find all economy classes simply a horror (although I am not fat and 180 cm tall). You usually have almost no pitch and you always touch the elbows of your neighbors. I really regret that there are no airlines that offer you this choice as I usually can not afford business class. With these economy classes getting worse and worse and more cramped the airlines really make flying long-haul more and more unpleasant (I remember the Swissair's DC-10 in the late 70ties with 2-4-2 abreast and at least 36 inch pitch).

[Edited 2005-08-24 00:16:53]

GSPSPOT

RE: More Pitch/Width Or Better Service/IFE

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:25 am

It depends on the length of the flight, but overall, GIMME MORE ROOM, MAN!!
Great Lakes, great life.

ZRH
Topic Author

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Quoting GSPSPOT (Reply 1):
, GIMME MORE ROOM, MAN!

Yes that's what I wanted to say. If I could choose I would tell the airlines, that they should only have the minimum numbers of F/As which are necessary for safety. No service and no IFE but more pitch. They could save a lot of money with less salaries and less weight (no IFE, no trolleys, no food, no drinks) to give more room to the passengers.

Doona

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:55 am

Service and IFE. Can't ever sleep on long flights. Flying KE back from Japan, I had plenty of space but what happens? 11 hours in a 747 from ICN to FRA I can't get a minute of sleep, but on the 1hr, 15 min hop to CPH I'm out cold.

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

JMJAirways

Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:47 am

I vote for more space totaly!

Best regards
I am willing to pay extra for a A346 flight !