YoungFlyer
Topic Author

Best Flight You Can Have

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:32 am

Hi,

I thought this would be an interesting question. If you could chose one situation out of the following to have an enjoyable and relaxing flight which would you chose? A big a/c, ptv's, nice seat pitch, 'normal' people sitting next to you, no turbulence, decent food, or as long as you know your baggage will arrive your good.
For me, as long as you promise me there will be no turbulence I would agree to fly an RJ for 5 hrs. and still enjoy myself.

How about you guys?
Dan

p.s. you can add to the list.
"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi

zkeoj

RE: Best Flight You Can Have

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:48 am

If I had to chose only one out of that list it would be the seat pitch...but then, nice trvel companions are important, too. And yes, I would like to see my luggage arrivein one piece as well  Wink So it's not easy, but I can easy be without great food, IFE etc....

Cheers
micha

GQfluffy

Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:03 pm

Quoting YoungFlyer (Thread starter):
'normal' people sitting next to you

As I 95% of the time carry on my stuff (can fit EVERYTHING into a 21" c/o and a small backpack, who cares about checked baggage. I honestly would love every flight to have some turbulence, its fun Big grin. Food and drinks are rare, IFE is so so anymore. Seat pitch is a thing of the past.

So, I would say decent folk around me with common courtesy (as keeping shoes on inflight, showering within the last 12 hrs before their flight or atleast wearing deodorant) is the most important thing. Nothing makes a trip go by faster then some good conversation. If you want the MOST important thing, a hot chick in her 20s or 30s sitting next to me. Oh yeah...  cloudnine   bigthumbsup 

fluffy
This isn't where I parked my car...

AirWillie6475

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:22 pm

Quoting GQfluffy (Reply 2):
hot chick in her 20s or 30s sitting next to me.

It doesn't always work out in your favor. We were sitting in the back of the CRJ where the lavatory was. When we were on the ground, the 30 year old good looking girl kept saying "oh that bathroom smells" about every 3 minutes. I admit I get along fine in conversation with my neighbors when I fly but for this one it was tough. I asked her if I could see her airline magazine because mine was missing and she was reluctant at first. I told her I wanted to see the route map of the airline so I can see how far our destination was with other cities I knew. She did open up at the end and started talking about the different sceneries I can expect on the approach.

jamesbuk

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:32 pm

as long as i know im going on a safe aircraft with a professional crew im fine also if my family are coming i would like to sit near them
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

LipeGIG

Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:47 pm

Probably pay the low price economy ticket , receive a free upgrade for Business or First, be served by a beautifull crew, do not face any kind of turbulance, have my bags back quickly and a limo to get me to my hotel at destination.

This is a best flight IMO.  Smile

Rgds,
Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

CXA330300

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:47 pm

Safe plane (say a B763 or A333), good crew, nice and quiet fellow passengers, good food, nice seat (say 32-33" seat pitch), and good entertainment.
AC/AA/UA/DL/B6/WN/US*/CO*/FI/BA/IB/AF/SK/LX/Sabena*/TK/LY/SA/MN/SW/AM/CE*/CX/CA/MU/JL/SQ/TG/MH/KA/5J

EurofleetLHR

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:12 pm

My best flight ???

Has to be in the good old days, when BA used to sometimes operate Concorde on domestic services. The Belfast Airshow was on, and the flagship was used on the early afternoon flight.

An amazing climb out from LHR due to low weight, a running commentary from the flight deck, a swift glass of champagne served, and - best of all - a fly past as we made our first approach into BFS.

I tried to get a seat for the return trip - but you can imagine how long the queue was by that time at the ticket desk !!!!!!!!!

BA380

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:36 pm

big aircraft first. Always a pleasure to travel in a 744 or 340 or 777.

second a big seat.

the rest are not so important.
cabin crew: doors to automatic and cross-check...

AsstChiefMark

Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:02 am

A nice, long flight from MSP to STP. First class seating. Seven course meal.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

TimePilot

Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:40 pm

On one trip from Nagoya > Guam, my wife and I had seats 1a & 1b on a 767. Man oh man was that GREAT.  sly 

It turns out the tour that we had booked with was JALs own subsidiary, so they put all those people at the front of the plane. Nothing like a business class seat for economy prices  shhh 

None of the other times have been that good, but I'm almost always able to relax. I prefer evening or night flights because I'm tired from the day and can relax. Almost all my flights are international flights that leave at like 8 in the morning. Also I'm used to 12+ hour flights, so a 3 hour flight (Nagoya > Guam) is perfect. A little air sickness medicine and a small bottle of wine and I'm out like a light!

atco2b

Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:13 pm

Also, a flight that makes a scheduled fuel stop! 2 take-offs and landings!

All well and good, but more of a chance of something to go wrong  Sad
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?