fourstripe

Non-Rev To Europe.... Need Help

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 am

Howdy all!

I plan on taking myself and a friend to Europe this winter (Dec 27-Jan 8) to visit some family in Switzerland. I am an AMR employee with plenty of D1 and D2 passes left to use. Does anybody know what flights to Europe on AA are generally not so full in the wintertime? My dates are flexible by about 4 days on each end. Any help would be appreciated.

-David in CLL
“Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” - Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

utapao

RE: Non-Rev To Europe.... Need Help

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:50 am

It's not the fact that you will be traveling during winter months, which in itself would be a help. But to try and non-rev over the holidays can be a challenge. The D1's will help, as long as your friend is eligible. D2's returning before 3-4 January could do a lot of gate dancing, and D3's at best can be difficult, and at worst can be embargoed if loads are high enough.

Assume you're out of DFW, so checked and LGW/FRA flights and a couple of days are running about 70-75% already for that week. Other days are not so bad yet... but it is three months away! FRA/ZRH are not as bad yet. If you funnel through ORD/JFK/BOS, those can be difficult during holidays. Maybe someone in those stations can give a little perspective from years past.

But if it is possible to slide your dates back a week, you'd sure have an easier time.

Good luck and have a good trip.
Sawasdee khrab!

BHMNONREV

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:39 am

Your best bet is to get on the AA Employee website "JETNET", and check loads thru the site, which is connected to SABRE. The aa.com website does not give you load information, only seats which have already been reserved by passengers. Jetnet will give you a better idea where you stand.

I will be trying to non-rev from LGW-DFW-BHM on the 18th of Dec and return on the 31st. If the LGW-DFW flights run full, the LGW-RDU almost always has seats available, so if I'm shifted in that direction I can catch a WN segment from RDU-BHM.

Just be flexible and be prepared for change...and enjoy!!

jdwfloyd

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:02 pm

Get to ORD or JFK and ZED out to either FRA or LHR if you cant get direct or fly on AA. Once at LHR or FRA it shouldn't be that hard to ZED to ZRH or wherever you are going. The key is to get to an airport that has lots of airlines that honor the AA Zed agreement.

atco2b

Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:19 pm

Quoting Kaniksu (Reply 2):
http://www.aa.com/apps/reservations/CheckAvailableSeats.jhtml

Hey, i like that!

Lotsa Y on AA174 LGW-RDU today!
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

mirrodie

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:28 am

actually, Im surprised that as an AMR employee, you are searching for hte answer here.

jetnet and fellow employees should be a better way to get your answer  Smile

rgds,
mirrodie
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st