Mason
Topic Author

How Does Mainline DL Compare With Skywest?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:41 am

Well, Skywest is now in SEA, with service to SLC on the RJ-200, I believe. How does this compare to the 738/752 service offered by mainline DL aircraft in terms of comfort and service? Does Skywest use the new termianal A at SEA?

727EMflyer

RE: How Does Mainline DL Compare With Skywest?

Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:50 am

Skywest's CR2's are, put simply, crap. I've flown them a couple times SLC-GTF after DL cut mainline. The seats are more narrow, with less pitch and otherwise not very comfortable. The windows are small and low-set so it is difficult to see out. Carry-on baggage space is limited. I'm not sure, but I think the same aircraft operated for UA get a slightly better seat pitch (Recently flew Skywest/UA Express MSO-DEN and it wasn't too bad, but the service for DL made me want to vomit). Service is pretty much standard, and skywest has a very tasty snack mix that is one of my favorites! All in all mainline is definitely a better product. Since snack mix is not a reason to fly, I'd avoid the CRJ.

BCAInfoSys

Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:26 pm

Quoting Mason (Thread starter):
Does Skywest use the new termianal A at SEA?

No, all DL flights operated out of the B Concourse I believe.

And 727 is right, the CRJ-200s are SHITE! I used to fly them SLC-IDA quite frequently, 3-4x a year. They are downright rotten. I also flew them under the UA Express name SLC-SFO-SLC, and SLC-DEN. I would avoid them at all costs. If I were you, I would keep a look out for the all-coach DL Shuttle 738s. I know they're operating into SEA, I'm scheduled to fly one in December. 36" pitch! What a nice treat that will be!

Steve
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

Goldenshield

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:47 pm

Quoting 727EMflyer (Reply 1):
I'm not sure, but I think the same aircraft operated for UA get a slightly better seat pitch

You probably just lost weight in that case. They are the same system-wide in that aircraft.

Carry-on baggage space is limited.

What RJ doesn't have limited carry-on space?

All in all mainline is definitely a better product.

If the regional was better than the mainline, then there would be no reason to fly the mainline. :P
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

rainbird

Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:53 pm

Quoting Goldenshield (Reply 3):
What RJ doesn't have limited carry-on space?

The E-170, my rolleraboard suitcase fits in the overhead bins.