ContinentalEWR
Topic Author

AA JFK-EZE, Coach Class, What To Expect

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:34 am

I am travelling to Buenos Aires this month on American Airlines, nonstop from JFK to Buenos Aires. What can I expect from coach class on the 767, assuming it is the standard, and not one of the 9 new look interior planes? Is the forward coach cabin better than the main one?

ua777222

RE: AA JFK-EZE, Coach Class, What To Expect

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:53 am

I flew on one AA's 767's SFO-ORD. I thought it was new but when asking the crew I was told that the product was the same fleet-wide. The overhead screens are flat and perfectly viewable from even right under the screen. The service sucked (nothing against AA lovers, just the luck I've had with the airline) and the ride was ok. Now that MRTOC is gone it shouldn't really be too much of a difference from say CO or UA. There might also be this remote in the armrest, it's useless and does nothing. I was told that pre-9/11 AA had intended to put PTV's in all of their aircraft but hadn't gotten around to it and to save costs opted not to. Again, not sure if this is the "new look" aircraft but it was over 2 years ago..

Thanks,

Matt
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

willyj

Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:59 am

I definitely prefer the smaller front cabin. I find the service is a little bit better, and you are off the plane faster. I always like sitting farther forward on any airplane - normally quieter. The only draw back is that it normally fills up before the back of the plane, so check aa.com's "check available seats" section. (it's really great - I wish other airlines would offer this feature.)

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:37 am

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 1):
I flew on one AA's 767's SFO-ORD

Well, remember that AA uses different cabins between international and domestic flights.

I've flown AA's 767s a zillion times and it's pretty good. 767s are comfortable and noise-less. If you still have time, try to book any seat on the las 3 rows of the aircraft. they're the best with more leg-space...

Well, enjoy your flight!
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

willyj

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:11 am

Quoting 797 (Reply 3):
Well, remember that AA uses different cabins between international and domestic flights.

No, all of AA's 763s are configured the same way. The 762's are obviously in a different configuration, but they only fly to JFK from California, so UA777222 wouldn't have been on one to ORD.

TACAA320

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:21 am

Quoting ContinentalEWR (Thread starter):
I am travelling to Buenos Aires this month on American Airlines, nonstop from JFK to Buenos Aires.

In terms of service, a very "standard" one. I'll rather fly CO, AR or CM.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

AlekToronto

Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:22 am

I actually will be taking this flight in November.
I find AA Coach pretty standard service (for NA) but since this is a late depature overnight the best option is to sleep the flight away!
I guess there is no way to know whether it will be the "new" 767 as opposed to the old one is there?

Cheers
Alek