cxsjr

Anyone Ever Flown Air Pacific?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:20 pm

Hi folks,

I'm due to cross the Pacific ocean in February on narrow bodies flying ANC to OGG with NW (on a B753) then HNL to Nadi and Suva to SYD on FJ.

The FJ flights are both scheduled to be B738's with winglets so just wondered if anyone has ever flown with Air Pacific or especially on their B738's - what are they like, service, legroom etc?

Any info would be appreciated.
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

kiwiandrew

RE: Anyone Ever Flown Air Pacific?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:24 am

Hi CXSJR

Flew FJ years ago - just short hop AKL-NAN and back again a couple of days later - this was when they had 735 rather than 738 so a lot could have changed . Overwhelming memory was the warmth and friendliness of crew , sweet , but a little amateurish ( in a nice kind of way ) . No IFE that I can remember , but hey , we are talking 7 years ago .

got this off their website for the 738

http://www.airpacific.com/website.nsf/Fleet

Economy Class: Seating - 32" pitch, 6" recline. Drop down screens every 3 rows, with mainscreen video and 10 audio channels.

have fun ... remember to smile and say "Bula vinaka" and the crews will do just about anything for you .

bushpilot

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:12 am

I flew LAX-NAN-SYD on Air Pacific in thier newer 744s. The crew were very nice, plane was in good condition and im sorry to say I never flew on thier 378s. The layover in NAN wasnt bad, just some aggressive salespeople in the duty free shops. But good news is you can pick up a bottle of rum for like $5usd. On top of it, they didnt seem to mind people cracking them open and having a party in the terminal. Flight was full of college students etc. Good times. I wont say anything bad about Air Pacific.

aerorobnz

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:48 am

I have been onboard the FJ 738 ( I departed the flight to SUV on Sunday Night) and as a team the FJ staff are patient and friendly, not standoffish as some of the airlines can be. The seats to go for are in rows 23-24-25 which are the exit row. The seats are plain, legroom standard and they don't have PTVs but that's not really a big deal I don't think as the cabin is always clean and relaxed.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

cxsjr

Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:56 pm

Hi folks, looks like FJ is not a bad airline then .... as always, thanks for the info you've supplied; I'm very grateful.

Thanks again,

CXsjr
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....