S12PPL
Topic Author

Alaska First Class Trans-con: Worth It?

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:53 am

So I have a bunch of miles saved up. Enough to cash in for a first class ticket on Alaska. I'm debating how to use them. I could either fly on Alaska, or cash them on on one of Alaska's partners-Continental, Northwest, or Delta. So my question: Who here has flown Alaska trans-con, or something equivilant? And, is it worth flying Alaska? Or a partner?

I can either use these miles for a trip out east, or I know I have to be in LA in late January. To me, it wouldn't be worth cashing them in for first class to LA. There's no meal. No free movie player. Only a little over 2 hours. Versus around 4 1/2 to 5 hours, a meal, and the free movie player to use.

So, what do you think?

Thanks for the help!
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

ANCFlyer

RE: Alaska First Class Trans-con: Worth It?

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:54 am

Use the AS miles on CO. No question about it. AS is a decent carrier, but CO beats them, especially in the long haul business, hands down, period.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

IslipWN

Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:08 am

Try to use them on CO. They are the best when it comes to domestic first class, hands down. And try to fly a really long route so you can use your miles to their full potential  Smile

Joe

S12PPL
Topic Author

Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:29 pm

Thanks, guys. That's pretty much what I figured. I'm not sure exactly where out east I want to go, yet. At least if I fly CO, I could get to fly first to wherever my final destination is...assuming it isn't on CO Express. AS only has limited cities out east they serve right now.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX