squirrel83

Best Time Of The Year For Aviation!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:27 pm

Thought this would be an interesting little poll!

What is your favorite time of year for Aviation?
I believe aviation during snow seasons (December, Christmas, January).

Aviation during Christmas gets me really excited; it goes by so fast, a lot of people coming and going "TIME IS EVERYTHING." Everyone is in a good mood (if flights are not delayed; but that too is apart of the whole winter aviation fun.), SNOW SNOW and Aircraft In the SNOW!!

Seeing a BA or BR 747 Land while snowing in the evening is the most tranquil (I like the word Tranquil.) things I have ever endured. On top of that being on an airfield covered in snow with sweet nothings but the reflections of the runway lights in the snow with silence and seeing the northern lights is breathless. Not to mention the red glow from brakes!!

When aircraft cut threw five feet of fresh snow like it is nothing what so ever is like its floating on a magic white carpet.

That fresh doughnut smell (people say pizza, people say cookies, I say doughnuts.) of De-Ice fluid.

I also like June due to the Air shows!!! Yehh Farnbough and Le Bourget yehhh! Could do without the heat but seeing the true color of some Livery’s in the hot June sun is amazing, especially when the swirls of smoke appear with the "lightest" touch of rubber on the runway!
A346, 7E7, 747, 777, Sonic Cruiser

babybus

RE: Best Time Of The Year For Aviation!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:44 pm

I like winter too.

When all the leaves are gone I can see right over to Heathrow airport. It is particulary impressive when there is a crosswind as I can see several aircraft lined up to land.

Aircraft winter scenes are some of my favourite photos here on a.net.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

shamrock350

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:17 am

WINTER!!! I love it at heathrow when it gets a bit stormy.

SuperD

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:30 am

Autumn. Fewer afternoon storms, cool enough to get decent performance but without the snow and ice on the runways, icing isn't usually a problem at low altitudes, and taxiing without a/c or heat is comfortable.

HAWK21M

Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:37 pm

Mid December to Mid January.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Aviation

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:04 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 4):
Mid December to Mid January.

Guess that depends where you are, hey MEL!

Cheers,
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector