henpol747

MEX-EZE On MX, What To Expect?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:20 am

I´m flying this wednesday MEX-EZE on mexicana´s flight MX1691 and EZE_MEX on sunday. Both flights with 763ER and in coach. What should I expect in terms of food and IFE?

Thanks to all,

Henpol747
Vive la France! ¡Viva México!

EddieDude

RE: MEX-EZE On MX, What To Expect?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:18 am

It is very interesting that nobody has posted yet a trip report in the corresponding section. In any case, I am sure that you will be treated very well. I do not believe there are PTV's, so you should get run of the mill screens hanging from the overhead panels and on the bulkhead panels. As for food, I assume MX offers hot dinner and breakfast (probably quite similar to the AM food service in the MEX-GRU flight, which is not bad). As always, alcoholic drinks are complimentary.

Please write a report and post it when you come back. Have a great trip.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

hardiwv

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:22 am

Interesting post.

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 1):
As for food, I assume MX offers hot dinner and breakfast (probably quite similar to the AM food service in the MEX-GRU flight, which is not bad).

Are MX and AM service level equivalent?

Can anyone answer why MX serves EZE and AM serves GRU instead? Does MX codeshare with AR MEX-EZE operations? What are the current frequencies MEX-EZE?

Tks in advance.

EddieDude

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:32 am

No codesharing between any Mexican carrier and AR Hardi. It is a mystery to me why AR has so few codeshare arrangements despite the fact that they fly to lots of Latin American countries, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand.

AM and MX sort of have divided the market. MX is the only Mexican carrier to Central America and Canada, while AM is the only one to Europe. In South America, MX serves CCS, BOG, UIO, GYE and EZE while AM serves LIM, GRU and SCL.

In general terms, service of the two is quite similar (I know I will get flamed for this, but in my experience this has been the case). Open bar, warm meals even in short flights, good cabin service, on-time performance are traits defining both carriers.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

N405MX

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:53 am

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 2):
What are the current frequencies MEX-EZE?

MEX-EZE Wednesday to Monday
EZE-MEX Thursday to Tuesday
It´s operated with a solo 763 XA-MXB, tuesdays the plane rest in MEX for maintenance.

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 1):
I do not believe there are PTV's, so you should get run of the mill screens hanging from the overhead panels and on the bulkhead panels.

Yep, no ptv´s, only in "Ejecutiva" personal dvd´s.

As for meals, not so sure what they serve, let me check and post it.

Cheers
Life is what happens when you have other plans.....

Doona

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:32 pm

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 3):
AM and MX sort of have divided the market. MX is the only Mexican carrier to Central America and Canada, while AM is the only one to Europe. In South America, MX serves CCS, BOG, UIO, GYE and EZE while AM serves LIM, GRU and SCL.

Does Varig fly GRU-MEX? And does MX have any codeshares with Varig?

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

henpol747

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 am

Quoting Doona (Reply 5):

Yes, RG flies GRU-MEX, and MX codeshares with RG on this leg.

Henpol747
Vive la France! ¡Viva México!

AeroMexico777

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:18 am

Hi Henpol747

I dont have a personal opinion on MX s flight to EZE but last year my mother flew on that particular flight and she told me that the flight was on-time, with good service and that the stewardesses were nice and polite...
Hope this little opinion may serve you...

Regards
AeroMexico777
"When the hope of dying becomes the only reason to live..." Die Laughing (Gothic), Safe little world.

WiLdmanVzla

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:40 am

I have to travel a lot to EZE from MEX... but almost everytime I fly with LA (changing planes in SCL and avoiding codeshares with AM planes), so I don't have an experience to share.

Last time I had to fly with AR (with an stopover in Lima)... just OK.

hardiwv

Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:34 pm

Quoting Doona (Reply 5):

RG operates GRU-MEX daily, and AM flies MEX-GRU daily as well.

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 3):

Tks for the interesting info. I'm also puzzled by the fact that AR does not keep codeshare/partnerhsip with other airlines.

Rgs,

lima

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:52 am

Hardi,

Aerolineas is not yet member of IATA and that prevents to reaching many accords to other airlines, including basic ones such as interlining. I can not confirm this is the reason but a friend working in the airline told me that.