jyatlantic

Best Airline Lounge Food

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:04 pm

Probably LH first class terminal FRA, but is the sit-down restuarant free of charge?

ANCFlyer

RE: Best Airline Lounge Food

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:42 pm

I would be too sure . . .

Have a look here . . . there are some exceptional Airport/Airline Lounges in the industry . . ..

http://www.airlinemeals.net/indexLoungefood.html
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

jyatlantic

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Thanks for the link. Oh yeah, in their regulations for different types of lounges, LH states that a "valid F-class boarding card" is necessary for the First Class Terminal, but only a "F-class boarding card" is enough for the Senator Lounge. What does the "valid" refer to? Are award tickets honored for entrance into the First Class Terminal?

MarshalN

Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:30 am

CX's lounges in HKG have food that is fresh and yummy.

DavidT

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:13 am

BA's free sit down restaurant at JFK - stuffed veal  Smile

Avianca

Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:22 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 1):
Have a look here . . . there are some exceptional Airport/Airline Lounges in the industry . . ..

http://www.airlinemeals.net/indexLou....html

the food in the Munich LH Senator lounge looks very good and include even "Bavarian Leberkäse" mmmm yummy. but if its the best I do not know.

I was only once in the business class lounge from AF at CDG, they hadnt to much, some crisps and drinks that´s it.

regards
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

fbgdavidson

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:27 am

While far from gourmet, not much like having a glass of champagne (substitute JW Blue Label) and bacon roll in the First Lounges on BA...especially for breakfast  Smile

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6616/baconrollccr8cq.jpg
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4166/dsc019717ht.jpg

Quoting Jyatlantic (Reply 2):
LH states that a "valid F-class boarding card" is necessary for the First Class Terminal, but only a "F-class boarding card" is enough for the Senator Lounge. What does the "valid" refer to? Are award tickets honored for entrance into the First Class Terminal?

Award tickets are allowed access to LH F terminal. The missing word 'valid' doesn't appear to mean anything, but where the difference lies is that usually *A lounge access rules mean F class passengers on *A can access any *A partner lounges. ie. SQ F passenger can access TG F class lounge, this isn't so with reference to the F Class terminal. Only LH F passengers (and HON Circle members flying OS/LH) can access it.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

jyatlantic

Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:52 am

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 6):
Award tickets are allowed access to LH F terminal. The missing word 'valid' doesn't appear to mean anything, but where the difference lies is that usually *A lounge access rules mean F class passengers on *A can access any *A partner lounges. ie. SQ F passenger can access TG F class lounge, this isn't so with reference to the F Class terminal. Only LH F passengers (and HON Circle members flying OS/LH) can access it.

Thanks for the clear-up. I called LH and they prohibited me from accessing the F-class terminal on the return leg, when I'm in LH F-class from JNB-FRA but UA F-class from FRA-SFO. I would assume they would honor the LH F-class from JNB-FRA...

fbgdavidson

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:37 am

Quoting Jyatlantic (Reply 7):
I would assume they would honor the LH F-class from JNB-FRA...

Arriving LH F pax transferring to a LH/OS short haul flight in any class may use the F terminal, provided they have at least 90 mins layover (and you don't need to be a LH HON member).
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey