airbazar

BOS-PHL-FRA: How Is Transfer At PHL?

Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:12 am

I will be flying to FRA soon, from BOS via PHL.
BOS-PHL will be on US. PHL-FRA will be on LH. I have 1 hour to transfer.
How is the transfer like? Is 1 hour enough time? I hope so since they sold me the ticket  Smile

USairways16BWI

RE: BOS-PHL-FRA: How Is Transfer At PHL?

Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:46 am

Transferring in PHL is fun IMO. But PHL gets very congested a lot, it depends on the time of day and the weather. If you are flying into the RJ terminal(F), the walk to A is fairly long, but an hour should be enough time(if flights are ontime, if its not crowded). from B/C, its not that far.

If the BOS-PHL flight is late, or the airport is very crowded, I highly suggest that you RUN, or be prepared to sit in PHL for a long time.

Have a nice trip

PHLBOS

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 am

Quoting UsAirways16bwi (Reply 1):
If you are flying into the RJ terminal(F), the walk to A is fairly long, but an hour should be enough time(if flights are ontime, if its not crowded). from B/C, its not that far.

US' BOS-PHL flights (and conversely PHL-BOS flights) are all still handled by mainline operations; so I don't think you'll be even dealing with Terminal F whatsoever.
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

SonOfACaptain

Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:32 am

Quoting UsAirways16bwi (Reply 1):
If you are flying into the RJ terminal(F), the walk to A is fairly long

Actually, that may be one of the shortest walks due to the shuttle to Terminal A from F.

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Lp0815

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:39 am

While I am not at all familiar with transfering at PHL it sounds like an interesting routing.

Do write a TR, please!

Have a good flight.
Lp0815
Time waits for nobody