tsaord

F/A Question: Your Uniforms

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:52 am

I have noticed that U.S based F/A's like AA and UA have multiple uniform looks, mostly for the female F/A's. They like to mix and match. Yet with Eruopean/Asian F/A's like OZ, BA, AF, LO, MX, JL they all wear the same thing the only thing being different is some females might have on the skirt or pants.

so my question is do you F/A's like the multiple looks and being able to mix and match uniforms or just having one uniformed dress?
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

neder99

RE: F/A Question: Your Uniforms

Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:58 am

I go with the uniform look. That's why it's called a uniform, so everyone looks the same, and can be easily identified as working for the same company.
On some of the US carriers, the crew looks so different sometimes they might aswell be working for separate airlines.
While I as crew might know they all work for a single airline (who just happens to have a zillion variations on their uniform), some of the travelling public might not.

klmcedric

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:16 am

Me too for the uniform look.
Although small variations should be allowed, e.g. skirt or pants for the ladies.
Also if not by stripes, the purser should also be regonized.
I think that at AF the purser is in red,while the rest is marine blue.
(Not sure about this,but I have seen AF F/A's in a red uniform)

rdynyc

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:03 pm

Just gotta say that it's nice to have a few extra options rather than wearing the exact same uniform items every trip. As long as everything is still within the "scope" of the uniform concept and is worn correctly, that's what's important....

iairallie

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:19 pm

I like having some variety as long as all the items are cohesive.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!