alphafloor

Who Doesn't Like Military Aircrafts?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:51 am

Fellow a.netters,

I don't like military planes at all. I tryied but I really can't get interested in one of those machines. It's mainly and ethical thing for me, these planes are built to kill/make war, I can't get interested in that ! I have a colleage of mine who's doing astonishing work around warbirds models, he's very skilled and we often talk about different things about aviation (history, planes...). But as I've said I can't...

Who is feeling like me in here ?

Alphafloor

[Edited 2005-11-21 16:56:49]
Whatever

B742

RE: Who Doesn't Like Military Aircrafts?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:46 am

I do like them, but prefer Civil aircraft!

The C-17's, C-5's KC-135's..... are great, much better than the F-15's, F-18's... I think!  Smile

I prefer civil aircraft, then military and then general aviation (Cessna's)!

Rob!  wave 

RODOL

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:37 am

I don't like 'pointy' aeroplanes at all (including Concordes), so on the whole I don't like military, although I like non shooty-downy military aircraft which aren't pointy! boggled 

rpaillard

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:29 pm

Quoting B742 (Reply 1):
I do like them, but prefer Civil aircraft!

So do I. Why? I don't know! By the way, military aircraft are amazing, mostly during air meeting. The noise is impressive, to Big grin
FLY SKYTEAM JETS

AGM114L

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:03 pm

Quoting Alphafloor (Thread starter):
I don't like military planes at all. I tryied but I really can't get interested in one of those machines. It's mainly and ethical thing for me, these planes are built to kill/make war,

While you are certainly entitled to have and express your own opinion I must say I entirely disagree with you. Civil aviation has always followed in the footsteps of military aviation and has benefited greatly from it. If it wasn't for military R & D the trubine engine, swept wings, radar, navigation systems, GPS, rockets, and countless other technical advances that benefit civil aviation today. Perhaps one of the greater contributions of military aviation is the prolification of the aircraft. If it wasn't for WWI and WWII air travel would be widely less accepted as a safe and effective means to travel. Many of what you may think as civilian aircraft started off as military designs; the Boeing 707 (you can look it up on this site), DC-3, Bell 206, and many more.

While I do enjoy traveling on airliners lately in my opinion it is really nothing more than a glorified bus trip with ten times the hassel. Airlines are just a simple means of getting people and things from point A to point B. Military aviation has a much more diverse and exciting existance, especially in the attack/fighter/and scout roles.

Having flown quite a bit of general aviation and currently an attack helicopter pilot in the US Army I can tell you from an aviator's stand point military aviation is much better. While I find flying general aviation is very relaxing it is no where near as enjoyable or exciting as flying a Longbow Apache. My deployment in Iraq was and will probably always be the best and most memorable time in my life. Flying is only fun with guns, ATTACK!
My Boeing can blow up your Boeing

N276AASTT

Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:59 am

I love Military planes because they protect me!
Dejale Caer tu el Peso! YOMO

garnetpalmetto

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:39 am

I love military aircraft, especially warplanes, because they often represent the edge of the envelope. A 747 is nice to look at, but let's face it. Airliners are the equivalent of a bus, sedately transferring people from one destination to another, squarely in the middle of the performance envelope. Something like an F-16 or an Su-27 or even a B-1 is out on the edge of that envelope and, to me, has a certain sexiness that no commercial airliner will ever have.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

wrighbrothers

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:51 am

I like WWII aircrafts and helicopters, oh and B52's, but other than that, i'm nto realy a fan of them

Wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

jeffry747

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:40 am

I love ALL airplanes. However you can keep your F-15's and F-16's. I'll take a 747 anyday.
C'mon Big B, FLY!

KLMA330

Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:02 am

They are killing machines, so what's to like??

Not much IMHO...

Billy  Smile "Peace"!

BAViscount

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:46 pm

Quoting Alphafloor (Thread starter):
I don't like military planes at all.

Me neither - military aircraft leave me completely cold and disinterested. I think it's because my interest in civil aircraft goes hand in hand with an interest in airlines and travel (and I do of course mean travelling for pleasure...not to drop bombs on places!).
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb

Aviation

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:00 pm

I don't hate them I do like them but far prefer civil

Wink

Cheers,
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector

Ryan h

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:46 pm

Military aircraft are interesting to watch, but I prefer civil aircraft because they are easier to watch and photograph than military aircraft and there are many different aircraft types ranging from a Cessna 150 to the A380.
South Australian Spotter www.ryanhothersall.net

garnetpalmetto

Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Quoting KLMA330 (Reply 9):
They are killing machines, so what's to like??

Ah the voice of incorrect smugness. Not all military aircraft are "killing machines" and were it not for the USAF orders for the C-135, there's a possibility Boeing may not have gone ahead with the roll-out of the 707.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

trekster

Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:52 pm

Transport planes and earrly warning planes more than fighters.

Love the spitfire, and Torando. LOVE More the AWACS 707, tristar, and herc
Where does the time go???

Leskova

Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:12 am

I've never been interested in military aviation - I just don't like the way the planes look and, eventually, what their purpose is (or at least "can be").

Wouldn't miss them if they didn't exist.

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

Daleaholic

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:55 am

Military aircraft have never interested me, they're just boring in my opinion. Grey... ugly... just generally ugly planes.
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.