USAFHummer
Topic Author

A.netters And Flyertalk.com

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:14 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499341

In response to this thread, I figured maybe we should hold our own version of it here and see what kind of responses we get on this end...should be very interesting (and greetings to those who said they are a.net lurkers on the FT thread, no doubt you will see this, so hello there!)

I post on FT as well, but not as often and under a different handle there, mostly with my own travel questions and sometimes in their version of non-av... "OMNI"...IMO, I view both sites users like a Venn diagram - the sites serve 2 distinctly different "customer bases" for lack of a better term, with some overlap...A.net serves those primarily interested in aviation as a hobby, but who might not travel by air often, while Flyertalk serves those who are frequent travelers/those looking to be travel-savvy but aren't necessarily interested in aviation outside of how it pertains to travel...the overlapping section of this Venn is where joint FT/a.net members fit in...

What do you all think of Flyertalk?

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

fbgdavidson

RE: A.netters And Flyertalk.com

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:43 am

Am I allowed to copy and paste my response from the original thread?  Wink

I think airliners.net has the habit to descend into unnecessary flamewars with no rhyme or reason, well little beyond the stereotypical A vs. B type but anyhow....

I guess I fit into the Venn diagram of the middle ground.
I don't fly massive amounts but enough so that I'd be daft not to join and find the best ways around my FFPs, however, I've always had a bit of an interest in aircraft. Not necessarily from jotting the registration numbers down in a notepad  Wink but have always enjoyed flying and yearned to learn a little more. There is definitely some of this interest on Flyertalk but it is much more abundant on Airliners.net.....in between the flame wars!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

MarshalN

RE: A.netters And Flyertalk.com

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:00 am

I think I go to FT for information, and A.net for amusement, which means I spend a lot more time on a.net since it's more interesting to read (i.e. flamewars).

I usually only post in the Hong Kong section on FT