Gr8Circle
Topic Author

LH744 Economy Class - Worst In It's Class!

Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:54 am

I recently flew LH, connecting thru' FRA....1st leg was on a 744 and then onwards on a 346...all economy class of course....the leg space and overhead bin space on the 744 was much less than on the 346....handbag wouldn't even go under my seat on the 744, but comfortably went under the 346 seat...same for the overhead bin....how can LH do such things?? And the service was absolutely flat....I found myself searching desperately for the famed LH service...couldn't find it till the end... I swore never to fly LH again...they seem to get their bouquets only in the First and Business class...Cattle class is a totally different picture altogether.... 

Anyone agree?   

[Edited 2005-12-07 00:57:11]

[Edited 2005-12-07 01:05:42]

AMS5280

RE: LH744 Economy Class - Worst In It's Class!

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:34 am

Nope; flew DEN-FRA few months ago on a LH744 and really enjoyed the flight & service. Lots of friendly F/A's, good IFE, enough space to sleep semi comfortably. Similar to UA; if you want crappy international economy, fly US Air; $5 for headset or drinks.

TACAA320

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:06 pm

Quoting Gr8Circle (Thread starter):
Anyone agree?

Quoting AMS5280 (Reply 1):
Nope;

Neither do I. Several flights with them, and simply find their service great.

Sorry pal, but definitely I don't agree...
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

dw9115

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:32 pm

I have flown Lufthansa from Chicago O'Hare (ORD) to Frankfurt (FRA) and I thought that the service on Lufthansa was awesome. I have flown United and American Airlines From Chicago to Frankfurt to and they just can't beat Lufthansa (Free Booze!)  Big grin on any international flight.

Slcpilot

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:46 pm

A couple of years ago I did DEN-FRA roundtrip on an A340-300. The service was unremarkable either way. The seat pitch/width seemed very poor, and the seat uncomfortable in general. My observation were subjective, not quantitative, so I can't tell you whether it was perception or fact.

SLCPilot
I don't like to be fueled by anger, I don't like to be fooled by lust...

SNATH

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:52 pm

I've flown across the pond on LH many times over the past 3 years (check out my trip reports if you're really interested). Their service in economy is generally pretty basic: no PTVs for people who really want them (I don't really care), legroom is non-existent (I've been known to avoid the direct LH flight and fly on AC through YYZ to get better legroom), sometimes the movies they show really suck, F/As are efficient but a bit robotic. On the positive side: they are generally on time, great European network through FRA, the food has been getting better (and they serve free alcohol too), and the planes are generally clean and well looked after. Oh yes, great showers at their FRA lounges if you're *A Gold (you just can't beat a hot shower after a flight across the pond). I've flying them again over Xmas/New Year including 4 legs within Europe.

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

Boeing744

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:59 pm

I flew LH longhaul this summer YVR-FRA-YVR (on a 744). I agree with most of everyone's comments, but disagree with others.

overhead bin space on the 744 was much less

I thought that the over-head space was massive! The under seat space was very small, but I always store in the overhead anyways.

And the service was absolutely flat....I found myself searching desperately for the famed LH service...

Again, I agree and disagree. On my outbound flight, the service absolutely sucked!   FAs were rude, and unattentive, and sometimes down-right mean. They dissapeared completely half way through the flight, barely ever offering drinks (you had to get them in the galley). On the other hand... On my return flight the Flight Attendants were awesome   ! They weresuper friendly and proffesional. They came around with drink and snacks all the time. They even chatted with passengers, while on their break! You could really tell that they were commited tomaking your flight a great one   .

Quoting SLCPilot (Reply 4):
seat pitch/width seemed very poor, and the seat uncomfortable in general.

100% true. LH's longhaul seats are terrible.

[Edited 2005-12-07 05:00:34]

Quoting SNATH (Reply 5):
the food has been getting better

bigthumbsup 

[Edited 2005-12-07 05:01:45]

Lufthansa

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:04 pm

....handbag wouldn't even go under my seat on the 744,

Oh yes, I sometimes have this problem with my handbag too! Oh, you'd never belieeeeeeve the trouble I have trying to fit my hat box and wig boxes into the centre bins of the 767, it just ruins your day.  rotfl 

sorry i couldn't resist.

SNATH

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:06 pm

Quoting Boeing744 (Reply 6):

In my experience, they are more often the former rather than the latter. I never had ones who were rude or mean. They just don't put as much effort (i.e. smiling?) as some of their colleagues.

Tony

abrelosojos

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:16 pm

I am not a fan of LH service or their Y class product overall. However, I do rate their drone like unsmiling (sort of OS/SK like) crew much higher levels of professionalism than their unprofessional counterparts at AF.

-A.

PS: In AF's defense, I have had superb crew on their north African services while absolutely horrendous ones on intercontinental flights.
Live, and let live.

dc863

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:54 pm

Try Y class on an AF A330-200. Pitiful.

ACDC8

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:59 pm

If find that economy on any B747 dreadful, it's just too crowded and not much leg room regardless of which airline. The A340 is much more comfortable in my view. As far as service on board goes, I've flown with them many, many times longhaul and have never found a serious reason to complain. There is no airline in the world that will give you 100% service satisfaction everytime you fly with them.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

Lufthansa747

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:47 pm

LH Y class on longhaul is simply said terrible. No legroom, terrible seats, terrible crew 99% of the time and small portions of food. Even UA and NW do a much better job.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

boeingfever777

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:17 pm

Anyone agree?

...maybe!

Have flown both LH outa IAH and DFW on the 744 and 340-313x and had nothing but good service on all flights. Better service returning to the states by far though.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.

LufthanseatLAX

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:24 pm

Well, here I am...the Lufthansa expert...a former Lufthansa employee and a present Lufthansa frequent traveller. Lufthansa has a great and well deserved reputation, however I must agree, it is for the First and Business Class products. Economy Class is very lacking in seating and in entertainment. I am very surprised that they haven't gotten the picture yet and upgraded their product. Personally I find the crew, food, china, wines all exceptional. So basically it comes down to this, for flights to North America if you're flying in First or Business Class fly Lufthansa...if your flying in Economy Class fly United. (Not a bad second choice for First and Business Class if Lufthansa is full)

vfw614

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:39 pm

I found myself searching desperately for the famed LH service.

I haven given up searching for it. Apart from the PTV issue which is a matter of personal preferences, the main criticism I have when it comes to Y is that it lacks what I would call a personal service. Crews are, as has been said, somewhat robotic and the overall service unremarkable. Also the overall cabin design does not help creating a "cosy" atmosphere IMHO, but this is of course a matter of taste.

Leskova

Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:57 pm

Lufthansa's reputation is, in fact, for First and Business classes - just as it is with most other airlines.

Since I usually live in Frankfurt, LH would - often enough - seem like a logical choice for me; I usually book with their competitors, even if that takes me on a longer route or forces me to transfer between flights once or twice.

It's not just the fact that LH's Economy Class is, at the very best, par with other low-average Y-classes, but the fact that LH is also usually one of the most expensive airlines to fly on is also a factor in my choice.

Regarding the crews: while I have experienced a couple of dull drones on LH flights, I have to say that on most flights, the crews were at least very professional and, in still at least 50-60% of my flights, friendly to very friendly.

While friendly crews should, in my opionion, be the norm and not the exception, I don't consider LH to be any worse than other airlines are.

It's the seat pitch that, for me, really ruins the picture; my knees - normally - should be about halfways inside the backrest of the seat in front of me, so I usually have to bend myself into a LH-Y-Class-Seat-conforming shape. Not comfortable.

As for meals... well... have had everything from "this is worse than McDonalds" to 5-Star quality.

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

VEEREF

Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Flew LH recently from FRA-MIA on a 744. I found the overall product to be quite nice compared to US counterparts. This particular A/C was not equipped with PTVs. I always bring a book and laptop so it didn't really matter to me. The food and service i found to be good. My only complaint was the incredibly uncomfortable seat. By the first hour I found myself squirming to find just the right spot. Reminded me of a metal slab covered with a T-shirt!
Airplanes are cool. Aviation sucks.

SNATH

Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:05 pm

Quoting LufthanseatLAX (Reply 14):
I am very surprised that they haven't gotten the picture yet and upgraded their product.

Every time I've flown them BOS-FRA (and BOS-MUC once) the planes were constantly and totally packed. If you were LH, would you spend money on upgrading your product?

Quoting Leskova (Reply 16):
but the fact that LH is also usually one of the most expensive airlines to fly on is also a factor in my choice.

Frank, for the flights across the pond, I found their prices very competitive. In fact, when I fly across the pond and do a few legs within Europe too, their prices are usually very good.

It's the seat pitch that, for me, really ruins the picture;

I absolutely agree with you here. But I've heard than BA is even worse (even though I can't confirm this myself).

Tony

PRAirbus

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:12 am

I went JFK-FRA-EWR on LH 744 in Economy and the service was nothing to write home about. The FAs were OK but never smiled and had very little interaction w/customers. They disappeared too for long periods. The food was OK but the follow-on snack before landing was just a chocolate bar! Both ways, for breakfast and afternoon snack. LH inflight entertainment was dull too...the 744 was nice though. AA international economy is better even when you have to pay for alcohol. At least AA FAs are in the aisle several times offering beverages. On LH, they only went around twice on both transatlantic legs. LH's Economy Service was efficient but nothing worth to try again.

sshank

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:26 am

As some one who regularly flies LH from PHL-FRA-BOM/MAA equally slplit between J and Y, I can tell you LH in Y is pretty basic. The seat pitch is one of the worst in the industry (you will have to look at charter flights for lower seat pitch) and there is no IFE in the 744s, and it doesn't appear that LH plans to offer one on the 744. I would choose UA for Y, especially with E+ its no contest.

However, I have always found the food to be decent (yes, even the special meals!) and service professional, though never warm - unlike the Asian carriers (that's likely a cultural thing). As others have stated they run a tight ship - your flights will be on time, you will make your connections and your bags will show up, and they have a fabulous network and a great hub in FRA.

SNATH

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:38 am

Quoting Sshank (Reply 20):
The seat pitch is one of the worst in the industry

Again, BA is reported to be worse. UA non-E+ seats are also very crammed (my girlfriend who flew on those a couple of years ago is still bitching about them...). seatguru reports 32" on LH B744s and 31" on BA/UA B744s.

Quoting Sshank (Reply 20):
I would choose UA for Y, especially with E+ its no contest.

I absolutely agree. I love UA's E+. But note that UA's B744s do not have PTVs either...

Tony

kingsford

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:57 am

I have flown with them FRA-IAD, FRA-MEX, FRA-SIN : The service and punctuality is their strenghts, the seat pitch and no PTV's is their weakness.

I try to avoid them by flying UA instead over the pond and SQ to Asia.

On short-haul LH has just become soooooo expensive, I am also looking at alternatives.

My 2 cents.

Lindy

Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:00 am

Quoting AMS5280 (Reply 1):
good IFE

This takes the cake  Smile I almost pee-ed my pants reading this  Smile Good IFE on LH Big grin Freaking hilarious Big grin

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Gr8Circle
Topic Author

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:03 am

Thanks for all the responses....I am now convinced that my opinion of LH is shared by quite a few others....fact is, they seem to be intentionally ignoring Y class, just assuming that people will be attracted to them by their overall reputation....I wish they would pay attention to the Y class product (especailly 744's) - would give them a well rounded out reputation...after all, the bulk of flyers are Y class....

BTW, the second leg of my journey, on the 346, was excellent.....in sharp contrast to the 744...and that's what infuriated me even more...the obvious difference.... Angry

vs25

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:27 am

I flew LHR-IAD-BOS on UA and BOS-FRA-LHR on LH for a change from my normal VS flights a year ago. I was pleasently surprised by Lufthansa. In fairness, I was *Gold at the time and was greeted by the Purser with a glass of champagne (in economy). I was also served before everyone else in the Y section (and given a business class meal). As a frequent flier they made me feel incredibly welcome and valued, and that's what matters to me. I cross the pond a lot and I can choose whom I fly with. LH went the extra mile. VS don't do anything extra for Gold FF, although I usually got upgraded every other flight for operational reasons.

I even surprised the crew by speaking German to them... and (no offence to the French, particularly the Parisians) they responded to me in German with a smile.

I'd fly them again... however I'd sign a petition for PTVs.

SNATH

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:29 am

Quoting Vs25 (Reply 25):
In fairness, I was *Gold at the time and was greeted by the Purser with a glass of champagne (in economy). I was also served before everyone else in the Y section (and given a business class meal).

Good for you. I've been *A Gold since 2000, flown LH several times across the pond since then, and this never happened to me. In fairness, however, they did upgrade me once last Xmas.

Tony

[Edited 2005-12-07 19:33:29]

Gr8Circle
Topic Author

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:56 am

On this same flight of mine at FRA, a pax was taken off the aircraft sick and then the captain announced that there would be a delay as the luggage of this pax had to be offloaded....I was sitting right back of the wing on the right side, just above the cargo hatch and saw atleast 10 containers removed from the hold before they found the right bags.....each container was searched for the bags....final delay was 30 minutes thanks to LH ground handling....

I'm saying this because I think they should be keeping track of which container your luggage is in....right? This is definitely a practice followed in Indian airports....another thumbs down for LH!!!

AIR MALTA

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:33 am

I have flown LH longhaul economy on FRA-SAH (333) and DXB-FRA (744) and let me tell that it was terrible. No PTVs, no legroom, average food and the crew was robotic. It seems that they don't care abour their economy class passengers even in short flights. Afetr that terrible experience, I chose to go BA : LHR-DXB on 777 and DXB-LHR on 744. And that a was a bit of differnce : better food, nice cabin, nice crew, PTVs...

It is time LH enhanced their economy class.
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:41 am

Well, it is not only the 744s. Overall I do strongly dislike LH's cattle class and hence use United whenever I can. The feeder flights in Europe are pain enough - I really don't need it all the way. On UA I get an extra inch of seat width (all economy sections) and one / six inches (economy / economy plus) of extra legroom compared to LH. They have PTVs, Airshow, and Channel 9. The crews on both airlines are sometimes great, sometimes horrible - no difference there.

So this frequent flier (currently around 60.000 miles per year) will always chose UA over LH. Now if I had to chose between LH and certain other airlines, the picture might look different of course.

XA744

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:47 am

Quoting Kingsford (Reply 22):
the seat pitch and no PTV's is their weakness.

Absolutely !

However, out of MEX service in coach is really good. Always have been pampered with excellent food and beverages ! Cabin attendants always efficient, although sometimes friendly sometimes not.

LH... Naturlig !

Regards
No matter how you fly...just never get your wings clipped !

abrelosojos

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:37 pm

Here is the competition - now, go vote and settle this - once and for all -
1st Annual Worst Major Airline Service Award (by Abrelosojos Dec 9 2005 in Aviation Polls & Prefs)

-A.
Live, and let live.

united905

Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:39 pm

Ive just flown on lh from fra to sfo and ive got say they were great.From the check in staff to the cabin crew.They never stopped working for the 10 hour flight.Way to go LH.
thank you for flying united

HT

Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:11 pm

Quoting SNATH (Reply 18):
but the fact that LH is also usually one of the most expensive airlines to fly on is also a factor in my choice.

Frank, for the flights across the pond, I found their prices very competitive. In fact, when I fly across the pond and do a few legs within Europe too, their prices are usually very good.

Often promo-fares in Eco on LH from Germany to the U.S. are significantly higher than from the U.S. to Germany. But isn´t it always the case that flying out of the homemarket of a carrier is the most expensive flight ? Often LH offers better deals for flights from AMS/ZRH via FRA than from airports located in Germany (also true for discounted C-Class) !

Anyone agree?

As many have said before, LH´s Y is nothing special but reliable.

However, taking my physical size into account, I face problems in every carrier´s Y-class (= available space). In recent years I´ve tried to avoid to fly Y for sectors longer than 4-5 hrs.

For me LH (and fellow *A) have been a natural choice for longhaul in recent years. While KL used to be considerably cheaper on discounted C-class than LH, this has changed since the AF/KL-merger - and I don´t really like to fly AF through CDG.
While BA had been "out of scope" for my longhaul travelling in recent years due to the fact that I would have had to change airports between LGW and LHR, BA recently has disqualified itself completely by announcing to stop serving HAJ for LON at all.
IB only serves BCN from HAJ giving only veeery bad connections to South America.
And I´m one of those "lazy" fliers who absolutely prefer to fly out of their home airport rather than travelling to more distant airports in order to make use of alternative carriers ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

EI747SYDNEY

Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:14 pm

Guy's whats all this about "amazing IFE"

I really couldnt imagine sitting in coach for that long again with just a screen sticking out of the ceiling to keep me going. Iv done it before with KLM from Tokyo and it was only made better by the fact I had an emergency exit row to keep me comfortable.

Rob  wave 
''Live life on the edge, Live each and every day like it's your last, Hell you only live once''

LHUSA

Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:04 am

PTVs in ecomony are coming. They will be delivered with a brand new economy seat in the A380 and then the rest of fleet will be retrofitted to include PTVs. Not 100% about the 744s (forgot to ask) but the rest of the longhaul fleet will eventually have PTVs added. By the way, this is confirmed and not speculation. The PTV/seat provider has already been selected. I think we'll also see a huge increase in comfort with the A380s. They will have a seat configuration of only 510-515, so there should be plenty of space on the aircraft.

Also, starting very soon, LH will also upgrade their shorthaul fleet with a new economy seat that has better recline and more pitch (still leather). They will also redesign their shorthaul business class concept to better differentiate it from economy.

persotvik

Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:22 am

Hey, what's this all about?? PTV's all around. Do you enjoy flying or looking at the mini TV and do some playing???

As long as I have the airshow I'm satisfied Smile Remember the good old days with the 707, DC-8, DC10, L1011 and early jumbos Wink NO PTV and thank god for that.
Just love flying

Gr8Circle
Topic Author

Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:30 am

Quoting Persotvik (Reply 36):
Hey, what's this all about?? PTV's all around. Do you enjoy flying or looking at the mini TV and do some playing???

As long as I have the airshow I'm satisfied Remember the good old days with the 707, DC-8, DC10, L1011 and early jumbos NO PTV and thank god for that.

Damn right you are!! Most members on a.net seem to think that flying is all about PTV's.....you guys even judge airlines mainly on whether they have PTV's or not....

I was the initiator of this thread and did that to crib about my LH flight....but believe me, I was quite comfy with the fact that there was no PTV....allowed me to relax and really enjoy my loooong flight...despite the flat LH service  Smile

persotvik

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:15 am

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 37):
Damn right you are!! Most members on a.net seem to think that flying is all about PTV's.....you guys even judge airlines mainly on whether they have PTV's or not....

Thank you Gr8Circle!

When I fly longhaul I choose the airline who offer me the best possible connections and not at least seat comfort. I don't care about PTV's at all.
I regularly fly Scandinavia - Bangkok and my choice is Thai Airways. They don't have PTV 's in Economy but they have a pitch of 34" (which is unique in Eco-class) and good seatrecline. And very good inflight service. This is what I call a good and relaxing flying experience. Makes me happy 

SAS fly CPH-BKK with 32" pitch, PTV and harder seats. I have also flown them but that was because TG wass fully booked! And I can tell you, 80% of the PTV's was switched off during the nightflight. And most of the longhauls fly into the darkness of the night.

I have flown LH on longhaul only once. On the A340-200 Frankfurt-Tashkent-Frankfurt and that flight was nice, so quiet and comfortable.

[Edited 2005-12-09 18:21:49]

Here is a photo from my flight LH 625 TAS-FRA, June 2001.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Trhgutt/Aircraft%20photos/LH625TAS-FRA.jpg

[Edited 2005-12-09 18:45:40]
Just love flying

AirPacific747

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:22 pm

I have flown Lufthansa to Jakarta and to Mexico City many years ago and I really enjoyed flying with them! The service was great and the IFE (at that time) was also very good.

It seems like people who have not flown with Lufthansa on longhaul routes have to try it themselves, as everyone in here has different opinions on this.

pavlin

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:39 pm

.. I swore never to fly LH again

poor canadian. My eyes are wet now

macc

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:48 pm

I agree that LHs eco isnt awardwinning. Used them to SIN, SGN, BKK and compared it with their Asian competitors. But how do you want to make a german girl smiling like an asian one can do? Its just impossible. I do feel very comfortable on MH, TG and the like. And I have tried BA only once. That was the worst flight on long haul ever.

On the atlantik route I only have experiences with LH and OS. There is nothing to say about both. IFE is more than crap.

But then, LH has a great network, its very reliable and their fares are usually quite reasonable. Some of their planes arent the newest, but thats the same on any other carrier. I think LH still has a quite good product. If you just dont focus on their IFE and service.

I look forward to test their internet on board, which would compensate much for the missing IFE.
I exchanged political frustration with sexual boredom. better spoil a girl than the world

747400F

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:49 pm

Having recently done two long haul LH 747 trips, I have to say:
* Window seats on a 747 sucks big time no matter which airline - due to the "double-excuse-me" to get out to the toilet etc.
* Thank god there is no PTV, as this means no box under seat in front. Personally I wish they would drop the B-films they show and just screen the airshow
* Food: As most airline food: Tasteless, anonymous and insufficient. Mind you their breadrools take the biscuit they could be used as weapons of mass destruction, I am yet to get so hard buns anywhere (Not even my husband have buns that hard!  Smile )
* Safety staff (aka stewardesses/stewards): The "service" was - "grab the box we throw at you - we'll collect it in a couple of hours"-style.
* Drinks: very generous with the alcohol (more Gin than tonic - a definite plus in my book)
* Seats: Crap=absolutely NO LEGROOM / Room for portable PC use - (even Sterling - a LCC/charter operator) is better. Comfortwise they they are on par with schoolchairs vintage 1951. That Yellow colour on the seat backs is ghastly - PLEASE change that to something less vomit-inducing!

Would I fly LH Y-class again? Maybe but definitely not on the 747
All humans have the right to marry the one they love

cedars747

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:39 pm

LH FRA-EZE B744 Y class "Never again"
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion !لدي شغف للطيران !I have a passion for aviation !Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart!j'ai

AirPacific747

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:39 pm

I also flew BA from YVR to LHR recently on their 747 and the legroom there sucked!! on the next leg I flew LHR-CPH with them on an A320 (I believe it was. It was a small airbus) And I had way more legroom on their small airbus than on the 744 longhaul flight

jush

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:56 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 43):
LH FRA-EZE B744 Y class "Never again"

Well LH 526 FRA-GRU isn't much better on the A346. I reckon you're far under 6'4" you're alright but for me the 17 hour to SCL were just a pain well everywhere  Sad
They really should offer a better seat pitch. I wouldn't care if the rip out all the IFE for that, cause there IFE is rubbish anyway.
Oh god let me just remember these radio channels.... *pfew*
Only one channel was sustainable but it was such a short "stream" that i heard the same song 12 times on that flight (and no i wasn't listening the whole 17 hours)

This was my first and only longhaul flight with LH in Y... at least it was cheap.

Regds
jush
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.

parisien

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:56 pm

I now avoid if I can flying LH on long haul (it used to be my favorite carrier for long haul!). Even if I pay a little bit extra, I would go on another airline (for the one inch extra space which becomes a lot bigger after several hours !, for the ptv which does help when youre on long haul). Service wise, LH is not bad, but not better than the competitors which have better everything else. I like the LH crew tho and the ground service at their home airports is good.
A good point was that they are very reliable (but this opinion was a bit changed as last time I flew intra european, flights were delayed with no announcement).

AEROFAN

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:10 pm

Well, as a very very frequent flyer, both revenue and non revenue. I like my creature comforts and AVOD not just PTV is one of them. So yes, I will go out of my way to avoid a carrier that does not have at a minimum PTV for a flight that lasts more than 4 hours.
LH without PTV? Yikes!!!!!! I'm so thankful that I can take SQ out of JFK if I ever want to go to Germany

abrelosojos

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:19 pm

Quoting Parisien (Reply 46):
I now avoid if I can flying LH on long haul (it used to be my favorite carrier for long haul!). Even if I pay a little bit extra, I would go on another airline (for the one inch extra space which becomes a lot bigger after several hours !, for the ptv which does help when youre on long haul). Service wise, LH is not bad, but not better than the competitors which have better everything else

= You are from Paris? You think AF is remotely better?  Smile

-A.
Live, and let live.

AirPacific747

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:40 am

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 48):
= You are from Paris? You think AF is remotely better?

Relax! He has a right to express his opinion and this thread is about Lufthansa