TG992
Topic Author

Airline Crew: Where Are You Laying Over This Xmas?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:11 am

Hi all,

So, where will you be at Xmas time? I'm heading up to Los Angeles tonight, arriving the afternoon of Xmas Eve LA time, and laying over until the evening of Boxing Day.

No doubt most of us will be far from our friends, families, and loved ones. Remember, if you get sad or lonely, they're just a phone call away. Hope all of you have a great Xmas, and let's hope for a turnaround in the state of the industry in the New Year, and do our best to make it happen!
-

turnit56N

RE: Airline Crew: Where Are You Laying Over This X

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:46 pm

I'm going to be stuck in EWR on Christmas. Oh, well....part of the job. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease.

wilco737

Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:49 pm

Hello,

well, guys, I am at home over x-mas! 1st it sounds good, but then not so good! BEcause I am on reserve from 23rd to 28th 6am! And my family and g/f lives about 500km far away from me... So, I will be sitting alone at home waiting the company to call me or not  Sad

Quoting Turnit56N (Reply 1):
Oh, well....part of the job

Yes, one of the disadvantages...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

WILCO737
 airplane 

Mir

Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:03 pm

Quoting Turnit56N (Reply 1):
I'm going to be stuck in EWR on Christmas. Oh, well....part of the job. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Take a trip into NYC - an excellent way to spend the holiday (though it would be better spent with your family, of course).

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

turnit56N

Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:08 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 3):
Take a trip into NYC - an excellent way to spend the holiday

I would, but my trip gets in at 10pm on Christmas day. Christmas Eve and Christmas morning were at an unnamed airport hotel. To be fair, they had an excellent breakfast buffet this morning!

Today is an 11 hour, 5 five leg duty day. Hopefully I'll be able to catch an early flight home tomorrow morning.
Aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease.