HT
Topic Author

Immigration At CLT And MIA?

Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:00 am

For some future travel plans I´m looking into trans-atlantic flights on StarAlliance into either CLT or MIA.
Does any of these two have major problems with immigration procedures (= waiting times, etc.) ?

A flight into CLT would probably see a onward flight to Florida, while a flight into MIA would be a final destination.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Cubsrule

RE: Immigration At CLT And MIA?

Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:09 am

I've never dealt with MIA FIS, but I suspect you'll have a much more pleasant experience in CLT. There are only 3 (if it's a LH MUC day) transatlantic flights per day.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

MAH4546

Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:38 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 1):
There are only 3 (if it's a LH MUC day) transatlantic flights per day.

There are also quite a number of Caribbean flights.

If you are a US citizen, MIA immigration is usually very quick. If you aren't, it is hit or miss. However, it is not so bad that you would want to connect in Charlotte just to avoid it. Remember, if you were to fly between Germany and Miami via Charlotte, you would still have to get your bags and clear immigration in Charlotte, and then return to the terminal gates to make your connection, as opposed to flying to MIA, bearing a likely longer security line, but not having the hassles of an international connection in the US.
a.

HT
Topic Author

Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:02 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 2):
clear immigration in Charlotte, and then return to the terminal gates to make your connection,

Is CLT easy to navigate ?
Are distances for connections long ?

The CLT-flight would have the advantage for me that I could leave home 2h later than for the MIA-flight ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !