SHABAZ
Topic Author

Just Booked On Gulf Air, What To Expect?

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:09 pm

Hello to all my fellow a.netters. Its been a while since I last posted here. Well, anyway I've just booked to fly on Gulf Air from London to Bahrain on the A330. Since, its been about about 10 years I last flew them, I'm sure alot has changed since then. I want to know what to expect on their A330 aircraft economy class. Is it comparable to Emirates or Qatar Airways?

I'll be taking my camera onboard so will be compiling a special trip report. GF don't have any objections to photography do they?. I'll ask the purser or captain for permission beforehand if I need to, but hope to take lots of cabin and inflight pics.

As I will be originating from Manchester I will first take a flight with Bmi to connect in London with Gulf Air.

GF002 LON-BAH
GF007 BAH-LON

Any advise will be great. best regards
Shabaz

CV580Freak

RE: Just Booked On Gulf Air, What To Expect?

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:38 pm

Sorry to disappoint you but both the GF002 and 007 are operated by A343's and if you are really unlucky you'll get an older member of the fleet like I did last week traveling on the GF002. The interiors are nowhere as plush as Emirates or Qatar Airways. However, the crews are great and will do everything possible to make your flight as pleasant as possible.

How tight is your connection at Heathrow ? , possibility that your luggage will not make the transfer if tight but it will arrive on the next flight. Two pointers here, before you lodge your lost baggage claim with GF in Bahrain. Firstly, check the space between the baggage belts as the baggage handlers in Bahrain are super quick and will take off all bags and stack them on floor. Secondly, GF will deliver your bag to you the am after arrival but also push for a cash allowance to see you over, usually works.
One day you are the pigeon, the next the statue ...