bhxdtw
Topic Author

EI Seating In Y

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:20 am

ok ok, I apologise in advance for this post...
I know EI gets discussed to death on this forum but I just need to ask a quick question...
Im travelling to ORD from DUB on the 3rd of Feb
and I need to know whats the best seat on one of there 330's ??
I hear that their IFE isnt anything to write home about but if anyone has any suggestions..please let me know !
I will consult seatguru.com too at some point..

Jordan

gwyire

RE: EI Seating In Y

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:43 am

EI only has one 330-200 that has seat back video and it usually does either LAX or BOS. Exits are 12 and 31 on the 330-300 which is the most likely aircraft.

bhxdtw
Topic Author

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:44 am

Quoting Gwyire (Reply 1):
EI only has one 330-200 that has seat back video and it usually does either LAX or BOS. Exits are 12 and 31 on the 330-300 which is the most likely aircraft.

which is long hand for 'buy a good book' !!

hahahaha

Thanks mate !

weeksyUK

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:39 am

I would avoid the exit row window seats on the EI A333 due to the size of the emergency slide which severely restricts leg room. I noticed other passengers having to stretch their legs round this box and it looked rather uncomfortable. Legroom is a tolerable 32" pitch on all rows, seats in the normal A330 2-4-2 config.

I flew JFK-DUB on 23 Dec in the forward economy cabin. It was significantly quieter than the rear cabin when i flew DUB-BOS. Perfect for concentrating on that good book! IFE was on the mainscreen, dropdown CRT monitors from the central overheads rather than above the aisle. There was a main movie (should be 2 movies on the ORD route) as well as a few shorter 20-30min sit-com programs. Its nothing to write home about but its a welcome distraction.

semsem

Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:43 am

Weeksy am I correct that EI between Dublin and New York serve only 1 meal? We are going to NYC on EI next week.
Thank you.

weeksyUK

Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:22 am

Semsem, yes thats correct. At least flying JFK-DUB just a mainmeal was served. Non-Alchoholic drinks were available to help yourself to in the galleys for the rest of the flight but no food/snacks. The flight time was only slighty more than 5.5 hours though. The westbound leg takes longer - if i remember correctly a small snack is served but only consists of a muffin or cookies.