A388
Topic Author

Seeing Your Own Luggage While Seated In Plane

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:30 am

Well, the topic says it all, have you ever seen your own luggage being loaded onto the aircraft you're sitting in to fly?

Here's my story:

I was flying AMS-MIA-CUR. I arrived in MIA with MP and was connecting to CUR with LM. The MP flight was operated with a 763 (smooth flight and good inflight service) while the LM flight was operated with the MD82 (also a smooth flight with good service). I arrived at the A Terminal on MP and has to wait for 4 hours to connect to CUR with LM. The flight to CUR was on time and after boarding the LM MD82 at the Terminal F I was waiting for the aircraft to push back. I got a seat just behind the wing on the right side looking outside to all the aircraft (mostly AA) taxi by. While looking outside I was also looking at the luggage being handled for our flight. I had nothing to do so I was closely following the handling of everything on my side. After about 10 minutes I saw a luggage which turnt out to be my luggage. It was funny to see my own luggage on the tarmac being loaded onto the aircraft at the same time I felt comfortable knowing that my luggage was on my flight as I was afraid it might not be on the flight because you never know for sure until you arrive at your final destination Big grin

Has anyone experienced this as well? Have you seen your own luggage being loaded onto your flight while you waiting for your flight to depart?

Regards,

Roger Big grin

thepilot

RE: Seeing Your Own Luggage While Seated In Plane

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:40 am

Yes, I have seen it many times. I have also seen a baggage handler throw my bag into the cargo hold with a lot of force. Good thing I didn't have anything but clothes in there.
From YVR

superhub

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:48 pm

Yes I have. I even recorded it on video.

jeffry747

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:55 pm

One of the last WN flights I was on I had a window seat over the rear belly door. I watched my bags go up the belt loader and right up under me.
C'mon Big B, FLY!

RyGuy

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:03 pm

My experiance is quite the opposite... but interesting too

I remember one time I was on a Canada3000 "VIA" flight Toronto-Cayo Coco Via Havana ... and guess what I saw when we landed in Havana, I saw them pulling off my BAG! I ran to tell the captain but he said that there was nothing he could do! When I landed in Cayo Coco... My bags just weren't there! I had a late start to my vacation.. Had to wait 2 days before my bags arrived on a different Canada3000 flight!!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © BOBK

Thanks

RyGuy

[Edited 2006-02-15 12:05:34]
From somewhere out there...

TimePilot

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:12 pm

Only on small hops, specifically JFK <-> BOS
Any not every time, only every once in a while.

DesertAir

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:15 pm

It's a great feeling to see your bag being loaded. There is nothing I dislike more than the mystery of waiting for my bag to arrive at baggage claim. I try never to check in a bag.

jamesjimlb

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:22 am

i have a big red suitcase and i think i see it being loaded on yet i'm not sure if that bag's really mine.

cheers,
jamesjimlb
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

A388
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:34 am

Quoting DesertAir (Reply 6):
It's a great feeling to see your bag being loaded. There is nothing I dislike more than the mystery of waiting for my bag to arrive at baggage claim. I try never to check in a bag.

I totally agree with you DesertAir. And thanks to everyone who posted their stories here. It appears more people see their own bags loaded onto the aircraft they're flying than I expected  Smile

Roger

chrisjake

Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:38 pm

not only bags, but i've also seen my dog being loaded!

chris

A388
Topic Author

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:51 pm

[quote=Chrisjake,reply=9]not only bags, but i've also seen my dog being loaded!

Haha, that's nice to see indeed! That's something I've never heard before, sounds funny Big grin

Regards,

Roger

PureKiwi

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:51 am

i remember when I was little the saw my bags being unloaded and I thought the baggage handler was stealing them so I started crying all the way until we got to the baggage collection where I saw them again.

EZEIZA

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:05 am

I was once flying EZE-GRU to visit my parents that had moved there a few weeks earlier. I had to take our dog there, and I saw his cage getting loaded into the aircraft. He looked so scared Big grin

Another story: In TGD (Podgorica, Montenegro), you have to walk from the terminal to the plane, and on the way, you will see everyones luggage on the floor by the plane. If you don't point out to the people working there which one is your bag, it won't get loaded onto the aircraft. Same thing happened in LOS.

regards  Smile
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

AsstChiefMark

Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:27 am

I remember seeing my bags sitting out in the rain a few years ago. They must have sat there for ten minutes before they got loaded. That was the last time I flew on Delta.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail