Pe@rson
Topic Author

BG LHR-DAC-BKK-SIN-BKK-DAC-DXB-LHR

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:45 pm

BG's website irritates me considerably: it never shows availability for anything for which I search. :| How do they get custom? Purely through travel agencies and their offices?

Anyway, I would thoroughly like to fly BG routign LHR-DAC-BKK-SIN-BKK-DAC-DXB-LHR (with DC-10 and A310 machines).

I can't seem to get through to their London office (yawn), so does anyone know the return price, including tax? It used to be about £400.

I see BG still use F28 machines on domestic flights. If I were flying to SIN with BG, is there any way I could stop in Bangladesh and fly on the F28?

Cheers.

[Edited 2006-02-19 15:52:22]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Arsenal@LHR

RE: BG LHR-DAC-BKK-SIN-BKK-DAC-DXB-LHR

Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:11 am

BG has a poor website, which kind of reflects the airlines organisation and efficiency. Most of their traffic is ethnic, they sell most of their tickets through travel agents and their sales offices.

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
I can't seem to get through to their London office (yawn), so does anyone know the return price, including tax? It used to be about £400.

Around £400-£500 range, could be more during the holiday season, BG charge the same rates as BA do on LHR-DAC, but imo with inferior service.

I see BG still use F28 machines on domestic flights. If I were flying to SIN with BG, is there any way I could stop in Bangladesh and fly on the F28?

You could try that, DAC-ZYL is a short 25 minute hop.
In Arsene we trust!!

swissgabe

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:54 am

BG's website irritates me considerably: it never shows availability for anything for which I search. :| How do they get custom? Purely through travel agencies and their offices?

Welcome to Biman ...

Depending on the fare rule and the needed visa you could take a stop in Bangladesh. I flew BG F28 on DAC-CGP and CXB-CGP, CGP-DAC on D10 and BKK-RGN-DAC on 310. Don't ask me why, but I like Biman very much and Bangladesh is a pretty cool place too. Domestic flights are quite cheap but plan enough time as flights can be delayed from time to time. F28 is also operated on some Intl flights such as DAC-CCU or DAC-KTM.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

PlymSpotter

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:09 pm

I seem to remember that last time I looked at doing a trip like this I managed to find the fares for the internal flights on their website. Also it no longer shows a routing LHR-DAC-SIN as being available in thier list of destinations from LHR, which is a shame. You could though do a BRU-JFK-BRU daytrip with BG, think its around £400, if you just wanted to fly the DC10.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...