debonair

What To Expect On UK-LCC Medhaul?

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:37 am

Hi, does anyone have experience on MEDIUM-haul UK-LCC-flights??

I was looking to fly to the Canaries or Alicante- selecting closer either JET2 B757, FlyGlobespan B737-800 or AirScotland B757.

I recently flew on JET2's B737-300, which had the IFE-monitors removed!  Sad

But what can I expect on these carriers, are they offering inflight-entertainment?? Hot meals to purchase?? what they like??

Now, I also found cheap offers by Monarch or Thmsonfly; offering inflight-entertainment for sure...

any feedback on these issues are more than welcomed!

chris

Crosswind

RE: What To Expect On UK-LCC Medhaul?

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:59 am

Service will be the same as on all their other routes - you can buy snacks, drinks and duty-free!

Quoting Debonair (Thread starter):
I recently flew on JET2's B737-300, which had the IFE-monitors removed!

Some of Jet2's 737s are ex-Ansett Australia and were delivered with IFE systems, although a few flew for a short while with the screens still installed they have now all been removed. Jet2 has never used them and their removal saves weight (and fuel) Obviously their ex-Lufthansa aircraft have never had IFE systems.

Some of BA's 757s that had IFE systems for longer flights have had the TV screens been removed, leaving the need to place blank panels where they were once mounted.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © C.S. Photography

Quoting Debonair (Thread starter):
Now, I also found cheap offers by Monarch or Thmsonfly; offering inflight-entertainment for sure...

Monarch have IFE on every aircraft, Thomsonfly only have IFE on the 757/767. None of their 737-300 and 737-500 aircraft have any IFE, and they are used on flights down to Tenerife etc on a regular basis.

Excel, First Choice and Thomas Cook also have IFE on every aircraft.

Air Scotland's 757 did have IFE because it is an ex Air 2000 (First Choice) aircraft, but I have no idea whether they use it or whether they've removed it to save weight.

Regards
CROSSWIND

LeonB1985

RE: What To Expect On UK-LCC Medhaul?

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:37 am

A good book or magazine should help!  Wink And maybe a meal at the airport before departure?
From the construction site that is better-known as London Heathrow Airport