Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

What To Expect On America West

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:17 am

My mom and I are flying on HP tomorrow (3/13)from AUS-PHX (mainline 733) and then from PHX-FLG on a Mesa Dash-8. I'd just like to know what to expect service wise (AUS-PHX flight leaves at 8:30 in the morning). Also, can you suggest any good things to do at PHX (any shops that sell die-cast model airplanes such as Herpa or Gemini) or any items of interest worth checking out, good spotting places etc...

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

DesertAir

RE: What To Expect On America West

Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:55 am

America West(US Airways) does not serve food in coach.

Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:56 am

Nothing? Not even a snack, or does that not count as food?  Wink

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Bridogger6

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:01 am

You get peanuts or pretzels, whatever that flight is schedule to be catered with... and a beverage. On the PHX-FLG flight, check the weather, they just got an enormous amount of snow in FLG and also beware, the props tend to have many more maintenance issues than mainline aircraft. I have not personally flown on the dash flights so service wise I am not sure what I would expect there but as it is such a short flight, I doubt even a beverage will be served. Overall, decent service on HP most of the time, enjoy the flight!  Smile

Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:07 am

Thanks Brian. Yeah, I've been aware of the snow (kinda looking forward to it too, after the 90+ temperatures we've gotten here in Austin) it'll be a nice....break, for lack of a better word. Kind of hard to believe that I've never flown on HP before, but its nice to get a new airline on my list, and I've heard the Dash-8s are real good airplanes.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron