radelow

Need Help Picking Flight From LAX!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:20 am

I will be flying into LAX from LHR on May 22nd on British Airways (T. Bradley Terminal). I need to transfer to a flight out to LAS and was wondering how much time I should budget. We are due to arrive into LAX at 2:55. Should I find a flight around 5:00pm? Any help appreciated!

brink777

RE: Need Help Picking Flight From LAX!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 am

which airline is the las flight?

radelow

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:29 am

I haven't picked one yet... AA of course is preferable because they are closest to T.B. but they only have a flight at 6:30pm.

speedbrds

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:32 am

There is a Southwest flight 594 that leaves LAX at 6:05 pm and arrives at 7:05 pm. It is an internet special at $49 + tax.

Have Fun!!!

vegasplanes

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:39 am

Quoting Radelow (Thread starter):
I will be flying into LAX from LHR on May 22nd on British Airways (T. Bradley Terminal). I need to transfer to a flight out to LAS and was wondering how much time I should budget. We are due to arrive into LAX at 2:55. Should I find a flight around 5:00pm? Any help appreciated!

AA is the closest in terms of TBIT. HP and WN both fly out of T1 to LAS, a bit of a treck, but many more flight times offered by both to LAS than AA. Also Ted by UA, they fly from T6 or T7, again many more frequencies to LAS.

If I were you, I would schedule a little extra time, BA might run late, bad lines at customs/immigration at TBIT. Just in case, book an extra hour or two later, maybe 6 or 6:30 flight. If you are really concerned about it, buy a full fare ticket on WN, HP, or UA as they have the most flight to/from LAX to LAS and the full fare ticket means they should give you no problems if you want to switch to earlier or latter flights. The difference between a full fare and discount ticket is about $ 100 r/t or $ 50 one way.

sllevin

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:40 am

Two hours could be cutting it a bit close.

I'd choose a later flight. If you can swing it, buy full fare tickets on Southwest at ~$122 all in, and then you can be confirmed on a later flight, but you can change to any earlier flight if you end up breezing through customs.

Steve

rdwootty

Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:02 am

Not sure why you did not fly direct to LAS? It would have saved time and moeny I also recommend the later flight or pay the lowest fare (southwest) and if you are delayed prior to departure from UK then buy another one on the internet whilst waiting.

AirCop

Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Quoting Rdwootty (Reply 6):
Not sure why you did not fly direct to LAS? It would have saved time and moeny

Very good point. VS has a non-stop from LGW, customs is easy, and hours are saved.