Setjet
Topic Author

What To Do At BKK Airport?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:32 pm

Tomorrow I will be at BKK for three hours. Do you have any suggestions what I sshould do with my time?

Is there a shop for aviation related material? Anything I shouldn't miss? And, how do I get to the famous Golf Course between the runways?

Thanks for any advice!
Peter

SASDC8

RE: What To Do At BKK Airport?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:03 pm

Plane-spotting Smile

I think the Golf Course between the runways are military property/oppertated and hence off limits for us civilians...

But if you like plane-spotting there is a nice place between the international and domestic terminal. It a big parking structure which offer great views of the runways and gate area Smile
2-3-2 is NOT a premium configuration

UTA_flyinghigh

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:08 pm

Go wh*ring.

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

emrecan

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:47 pm

I am sure you will have great time by spotting widebodies from all over the world. Also you will have opportunity to take great pictures. (Like I did last year -www.myaviation.net-)

UTA-flyinghigh
For wh*ring, it is a good idea but not possible I guess Big grin

Devilfish

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:33 am

Quoting SASDC8 (Reply 1):
I think the Golf Course between the runways are military property/oppertated and hence off limits for us civilians..

Are the runways within range of stray golf balls? Even with nets, some have a knack for going where they shouldn't be. I wonder how much FOD damage one could do. The pilot couldn't possibly hear "FORE!" or do much anything. Probably wouldn't know until one strikes the cockpit window.  Smile

As for spotting, how lenient are the airport security there? It's a pity Suvarnnaphumi won't be open till 2007.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield