Chulalongkorn
Topic Author

Best Way To Upgrade?

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:16 am

Using FF miles and upgrade certificates, we want to upgrade to businss class. Is it better to buy the econ tickets from a travel agent or from the airline directly? What's the best way to confirm that we'll get the upgrade to business class?

Thanks in advance!
"feast like a sultan I do... treasures of flesh never few" - MJK

sllevin

RE: Best Way To Upgrade?

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:30 am

If you are upgrading, I strongly suggest you call the airline directly and thus get the whole deal done in one shot. Because with the cheap coach fares, they will be non-refundable -- and if the upgrade seat gets snagged in that interim between travel agent and calling the airline, you're going to be stuck.

Steve

UAalltheway

Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:02 am

I could help you alot more if I knew the airline and route you were flying (or at least your destination).

Chulalongkorn
Topic Author

Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:47 pm

Thanks!

Tried to do it today with ANA, SFO-BKK, for this June. Unfortunately, nothing available on just about any day in June, as we are fairly flexible. Guess it's not that easy to "upgrade". So... we (myself, my wife, and our 3 year old daughter) ended up booking economy with Cathay Pacific, using 60,000 Amex points and getting a $628 all inclusive fair for each of us, a fair deal I think. It's another long trip in econ, but I hear Cathay Pacific is a good product as we've never flown with them before, and the flight times work well. Any experiences with CX economy?

Cheers!
"feast like a sultan I do... treasures of flesh never few" - MJK

Ansett767

Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:05 pm

Hi there

Yeah they definitely have a better economy product! The food and service I rate quite highly. Entertainment also quite good.

However I am quite a big guy - 6foot tall and find their seats quite tight, though this was on their airbuses. May be an inch or two more on the 744's?

Apart from SQ, I don't think you could have picked a better option from the states to asia!

Have a good trip