Topic Author

Midwest Airlines...What To Expect?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:38 am

Hey All

I will be flying Midwest Airlines on May 9th from DCA-MCI-SAN. I am just wondering what to expect, and if anyone has had some experience travelling with them. I usually fly JetBlue or United out of IAD, but I decided to take YX out of DCA because I wanted to leave in the morning. Please let me know. Thanks

RE: Midwest Airlines...What To Expect?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:40 am

Is it their premium service or the standard? I have only flown them once on what is now the premium version. The seats were standard domestic first class seats. They are plenty wide but the pitch is standard coach so nothing fancy there. I did get a full meal service on the MKE-ATL flight but that may have changed by now. I do believe they still have the fresh baked cookies on board which are great. I think you'll be pleased with the premium service even without the PTVs. I would imagine the standard service is just like everyone else's coach service but I'll let someone else weigh in with that info.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:00 pm

The premium service is known as the "Signature Service" which you will receive on all 717 and select MD-80 series aircraft: 'Signature Service' denotes the 2-2 leather seating, as well as premium onboard food service, etc. You should be on the 717's on both legs of the trip. Midwest has 25 of these beautiful aircraft, the first of which (N902ME) was put into service on 2/28/03.

I've worked at YX for a few years as an intern, and have only flown on maintenance test flights, so I can not give a firsthand account of the Signature Service, but I think you are in for a real treat!

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:40 am

I flew with them last year from Milwaukee to California on the Signature Service (a new 717).
Great service, + the cookies, I would take them any time, flew saver service to Las Vegas in October it was packed ,but nice flight attendants & good friendly service. If you can get on the 717s go for it!