n808nwatmsp

Your Views On ATA Airlines

Mon May 08, 2006 6:08 am

I'm already planning for next year's spring break, which happens to be a potential trip to Hawaii, and I'm looking for cheap airfare from MSP. My dad doesn't mind having one stop, so the cheapest by a quick search shows MSP-LAS-HNL and back. On the LAS-HNL leg, they have TZ as the carrier of choice based on price.

This would be my family's first time flying with TZ, and I'm a little skeptical about flying them since they just emerged from bankruptcy. Are my doubts rightly justified? I would like to hear your recent experiences with the airline and possibly anyone who has flown them to and from HNL. Thanks, your imput is much appreciated!

N276AASTT

RE: Your Views On ATA Airlines

Mon May 08, 2006 9:13 am

I just did DFW-MDW-DFW with ATA last month. It was my first time flying with them and overall, I am pleased with the experience. Both flights were on their 737-800's and found them nice and clean. The ground and air crew staff I delt with both at DFW and MDW were courtious and helpful. I was able to checkin 24 hours in advance and had a seat assignment (window of course). I'm glad I traveled with them, and will do it again. The only negative I had was at MDW, ATA's gates are at the end of the concourse that they share with WN. Just making my way down to the gate was a hassle, having to dodge the WN passengers that were clogging up the concourse.

[Edited 2006-05-08 02:15:31]
Dejale Caer tu el Peso! YOMO

n808nwatmsp

Wed May 10, 2006 9:50 am

Thank you N276AASTT! That was some good info! Anyone else? Thanks again!

luv2fly

Wed May 10, 2006 10:14 am

They are going to a buy on board service for meals I understand.
You can cut the irony with a knife

dfwmzuri

Thu May 11, 2006 6:03 am

Quoting N276AASTT (Reply 1):
I just did DFW-MDW-DFW with ATA last month. It was my first time flying with them and overall, I am pleased with the experience. Both flights were on their 737-800's and found them nice and clean.

Same for me, only last year.