After reading the Maxjet trip report I wanted to try something new for a biz trip to LON from NYC:
1. The baseline proposition is BA Club World, which costs me $1900 R/T with 15K net miles.
2. However, as excellent as BA is, I've done just one too many a Club World trip - I wish they'd hurry up and upgrade the product (whine, whine).
3. I checked Eos and Maxjet. Eos is $5,500 R/T and MaxJet is $1,000 R/T. Eos gets KO'd as it's too expensive.
4. Going with MaxJet will be an overnight flight on a non lie-flat seat. My involuntary muscles will be working hard to keep me from sliding down. It's also an early evening flight, which means I will be arriving at STN at peak REM time. Ugh.
5. The return leg to JFK is at 10 am from STN, a 45-minute train ride. So I'll have to get up at the crack of dawn. Again.
6. Stansted: What's it like - Is it difficult to get to from the West End? Will it mean staying at a hotel near Liverpool Street?
So on most counts BA wins - more convenient schedule, seat comfort on the overnight leg, Heathrow Express. On the other hand, MaxJet is cheaper and is a new experience.
Any thoughts appreciated!