I am here to report projections based on early exit poll results.
Please note that these results are preliminary and may vary + or - 5% from actual current totals.
It is also important to note that the voting booths will not close until Sunday, May 21st at 5PM Greenwich Mean Time (12:00PM EST for American voters), and as past votes have taught us, many things can change!
- - - In the Embrear EMB-110 Bandeirante vs. Saab 2000 vote we are projecting a landslide victory for the Saab. Early results show the Saab has nearly 90% of the votes in this contest, it is highly unlikely the Embrear will mount a come back!
- - -In the Ilyushin Il-114 vs. Shorts 360 competition results from a few days ago seemed to indicate another landslide victory, this time for the Ilyushin. In recent days the Shorts 360 has gained ground with an upswing in votes. However, the Shorts, the underdog choice in this competition, has only captured roughly 32% of the vote and much ground to make up to become a contender in this competition. We are projecting the Ilyushin taking this competition.
- - -In our Fokker F50 vs. ATR-42 race the ATR is clearly the front runner. Having captured 68% of the early results, with steady gains there seems to be little in ATR’s way from winning this race. Unlike the Ilyushin vs. Shorts contest, which has seen as swing in momentum (albeit, probably to little to late) the Fokker / ATR race has been steady the entire time. We are projecting the ATR – 42 as the winner.
- - -The Beech 1900 vs. ATR-72 shows us the 1-2 punch combo of the ATR brothers. The 72 brother has also captured 68% of the early results and stands to lock this race. We are projecting the ATR – 72 as the winner of this race.
- - -In our Saab 340 vs. Dornier 328 contest we see that the Saab brothers lack the combined strength that is evident in the ATR brothers. Unlike the projected landslide victory the Saab 2000 is likely to achieve the 340 is loosing this contest by more than 3 to 1. The Saab 340’s only hope is that the success of the 2000 brings it some positive press. At this point however, we project the Dornier’s dashing good looks will keep it the front runner, we project the Dornier 328 as the winner with at least 75% of the vote.
- - -In our only “Anyone’s guess” race, Jetstream 41 vs. DeHavilland Dash-7 are splitting the exit poll results right down the middle. This heated battle has swung back and forth a couple of times, with the lead at one point being in the Dash-7’s favor by over 15%. However, a late resurgence as pushed this race back to neck and neck. In this close battle we are projecting the Dash-7 as the winner. Why you ask? We feel the Dash-7’s brother, Dash-8, who has a stong lead over the Antonov, will pull more votes in the Dash-7's favor.
- - - Unlike the tight race discussed above, the DeHavilland Dash-8 vs. Antonov An-140 contest is leaning heavily towards the Dash-8. With nearly 75% of the vote we are very confident in projecting the Dash-8 as the clear winner.
- - - In our final race: Embrear EMB-120 Brasilia vs. British Aerospace ATP, we see a race rich with international heritage. With nearly 60% of the early exit poll results going in the Brasilia’s column it would appear the South Americans will take this the checkered flag in this race. And that would be our projection, the Embrear will take this contest.
Stay tuned for your final results. Remember, your vote counts. Do not let apathy hurt those you believe in!