flamedude707

SJC New Terminal

Tue May 23, 2006 9:38 am

As the city council decides whether to fund the 300 or so million dollars for the new terminal and improvements at SJC, I wanted to hear the opinions of other locals onhow they feel on the plan. I personally think it is a wase of money. They could easily make minor improvements using far less money. An airport doesnt need to be a grand ballroom. Well, lets hear your opinions.
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted.

AirWillie6475

RE: SJC New Terminal

Tue May 23, 2006 10:43 am

I've been through both terminals. The AA and Southwest terminals are perfectly fine. The other side that has the other airlines seemed a little left behind in terms of how it looked from the inside. And it felt like it was cramped at the gate waiting areas.

AirCop

Tue May 23, 2006 11:39 am

Well, with AA downsizing at SJC, where is the need for an upgrading of the old terminal? It does seem like a waste, the city will have to realize that SJC will always be a stepchild to SFO.

stealth777

Fri May 26, 2006 6:08 am

even though AA is downsizing their SJC ops, don't forget they share that terminal with WN. I wouldn't be surprised if WN used up those gates opened by AA leaving. And the 2nd terminal needs to be improved, especially if all of the other carriers serving your airport flies from that one terminal. A little crowded don't ya think?
of course thats just my  twocents 

sllevin

Sun May 28, 2006 9:39 am

The current C terminal is a poor design for today's world (with multiple security areas, somme of which don't even have restrooms beyond security). The midfield terminal will be a good replacement for that, and hopefully stimulate a bit more business.

I hope they continue to scale back the grandiose plans that were originally envisioned, though. SJC is clearly going to be a smaller regional airport for some time. With the end of AA's SJC-NRT flights in October, the only widebody pax machine will be HA's daily flight.

Steve