smitty747

Airliners.net Decides My Hotel Plan At LAX

Sat May 27, 2006 10:12 am

Ok, OK. I know this has been discussed several times before. I've read all the reviews and posts for the best spotting hotel in LAX. Therein lies my problem. Too many good/bad answers about which hotel is truly worthy of my $125 (or so). We are only going there to watch airplanes, so truly the view is my focus. Not real concerned about which hotel may have better rooms/services as they're all reasonably decent hotels
Thus, in honor of Memorial Day, I'm going to be democratic about this. I'm going to list the hotels that seem to get the best reviews and you guys/gals get to decide. Whichever hotel gets the most votes will be where we stay. I've contacted all the hotels listed and they all state they have airport view rooms available. So, let the process begin.
Oh, BTW, thanks again for your help. Hopefully I'll get some shots that are worthy of being added to the database.

Crowne Plaza
Hampton Inn
Radisson
Sheraton
Other

YYZflyer

RE: Airliners.net Decides My Hotel Plan At LAX

Sun May 28, 2006 3:12 am

I'm gonna go with the Sheraton as it's the only one on your list that I've heard of.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

ForeverUnited

Sun May 28, 2006 6:46 am

Sheraton. Good spotting.

September11

Mon May 29, 2006 3:20 am

You can see Radisson hotel in these pictures taken at LAX:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jay Piboontum
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Philippe Bleus

Airliners.net of the Future

Pilot3033

Mon May 29, 2006 4:51 am

IIRC, the Radisson has a deck that is good for spotting. I have yet to go up there (could not find a good place to park) though. All of the hotels are really good for spotting though, s'long as you have a South facing room (or north if you want to see the arrivals a little higher up).

[Edited 2006-05-28 21:51:22]
-Matt