zrs70

Airlines That Have Remained In Same Airport Spot..

Sun May 28, 2006 9:55 am

What airlines have never (or rarely) changed terminal locations?

I know that at Logan, both AA and US have occupied their positions since Terminal B opened. Even before the current terminal was built, they used the space in the former terminal. While United has always been in C/ North Terminal, it has changed gate locations a few times.

What other airports have seen very long term occupancy by a single airline in a given terminal space?
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

YULYMX

RE: Airlines That Have Remained In Same Airport Sp

Sun May 28, 2006 10:03 am

Terminal 1 in YYZ come to mind with AC

will bet that ORD that UA and AA have been in there respective terminals for years... and Delta must do the same in ATL

AA in MIA and SJU

ForeverUnited

Sun May 28, 2006 10:35 am

The North and South sattelites in Seattle were nearly purpose-built for Northwest and United, the two largest carriers at the airport when they were constructed. They've been in them ever since, although United, which used to have every single gate in the North sattelite, is very quickly ceding gate space to Alaska.

centrair

Mon May 29, 2006 11:27 am

NW and UA have been at T1 at NRT since it opened I believe.

But it is not an old airport.
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!

deltaguy767

Mon May 29, 2006 8:30 pm

At BDL, AA has always been at the dump called Terminal B along with Air Canada Jazz. Also at BOS, International Carriers have always been at terminal E (AF,BA,LH) Probably at each legacy carrier's hub you can bet they've been at mostly the same place for a while.

From BDL and BAF,  wave 
DeltaGuy767
A Good Landing is one you walk away from!

FURUREFA

Mon May 29, 2006 11:30 pm

Quoting DeltaGuy767 (Reply 4):
Also at BOS, International Carriers have always been at terminal E (AF,BA,LH)

Are you sure? I remeber boarding a AF flight to CDG a few years ago, and it left from the DL terminal (D i think).

matt

deltaguy767

Tue May 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Quoting FURUREFA (Reply 5):
Are you sure? I remeber boarding a AF flight to CDG a few years ago, and it left from the DL terminal (D i think).

FURUREFA,
All Int'l carriers have been at Terminal E at BOS for as long as I can remember, because its the only one to have Customs/INS. Also DL was at Terminal C for a while until they built their terminal, but maybe E was filled up and they had an AF board at its partner's gates.

From BDL and BAF,  wave 
DeltaGuy767
A Good Landing is one you walk away from!

zrs70

Tue May 30, 2006 10:32 pm

Quoting DeltaGuy767 (Reply 6):
All Int'l carriers have been at Terminal E at BOS for as long as I can remember, because its the only one to have Customs/INS.

While it's true that most international arrivals are at E, departures can be from any terminal. Examples at Logan:

Virgin Atlantic was originally at Terminal B, then C, before moving to E.
Air France, as noted, used the DL gates at C for a while.
Alitalia has its counter in D and used the TW gates in C for a while.
Sabena useed both B and C.
Air Canada, years and years ago, was at D, then E, and now C. (Most Canadian arrivals pre-clear customs anyway.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

deltairlines

Wed May 31, 2006 1:20 am

Don't forget Swissair also used DL's gates in C in BOS...I remember seeing 747-300s there, later A330s.

On a smaller scale, WN's had gates 14-15 since they moved into MHT around 10 years ago...US Airways has also had 8-9 at MHT since the terminal opened. UA, DL, CO, AC and NW have all moved around a bit. Their counters have also stayed in the same place I believe.

IAHFLYR

Wed May 31, 2006 8:40 pm

United and US Airways (Piedmont) have been fixtures in Terminal A at IAH forever even though US Airways has changes sides from north to south, but I think Continental has been in Terminal B looooooong ago, before '83.

At RSW, they have all stayed put in their locations!!!  Smile Okay so they've only been in the new building for about 10 months.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.