remcor

Poll: The End Of Boeing And Airbus

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:46 pm

Thought poll everyone:

In the distant future, long after we're all dead/retired, what do you think will finally cause the downfall of Boeing and/or Airbus??? How will it all play out??

(I was watching a sci-fi movie and was wondering whether Boeing and Airbus will still exist in 100 or 200 or 500 years, and if not, why? I swear I wasn't smoking anything. )

Your answers will be stored in a time-capsule and opened in the year 2275. j/k

[Edited 2006-06-01 06:50:41]

MCIGuy

RE: Poll: The End Of Boeing And Airbus

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:15 pm

NASA made an incredible breakthrough in propulsion technology in the mid-21st century. But, being a division of the US government, they decided not to share this technology outside the country. Contracts were awarded to both Boeing and Lockheed for the first true spaceliners. The rest, as they say, is history.  silly   flamed 
Airliners.net Moderator Team

SEAPlane10

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:28 pm

Boeing -- The WhaleJet (Boeing was doomed cause they didn't follow suit)

Airbus -- The WhaleJet (Airbus is doomed because of a slowdown in sales)

Please note that neither is doomed... spin 

It just goes to show that predicting even one or two years down the road is tricky.  Wink

Confuscius

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:46 pm

Teleportation

...beam me up, Scotty.
Ain't I a stinker?

airbus3801

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Embraer takes over the world as Brazil gains a massive army and destroys Boeing in Seattle and hijacks a 744 and destroys all Airbus plants in Europe and succeeds in world domination.

deltadawg

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:10 am

Boeing and Airbus will merge in the next 35 years to become BObus!

They don't actually make anything but contract everything out to Embraer, Bombardier, Lockheed, India & China, etc.

BObus will dominate sales worldwide until RANS invents the personal transport capable of flying, hovering, STOL, VTOL, 4x4 at speeds up to Mach 2.2 on hydrogen/H2O fuel cells which fuels the Worldwide Open Skies policy that ends the BObus monopoly and eventually dies.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

deltaguy767

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:52 am

Here's my prediction:
Airbus will fall in the next 50 years after George Bush's/Hillary Clinton's son turns the US into a communist state, expels the UN,and annexes Russia,Germany,France,and Great Britain. He then forces EADS/Airbus to collapse and then Bill Boeing is brought back from Cryogenic containment and designs an airliner which unfortunately crashes on take-off killing the the "Premier" thereby liberating the United States.  sarcastic 

Quoting SEAPlane10 (Reply 2):
It just goes to show that predicting even one or two years down the road is tricky.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think its difficult to predict the future of these two companies because you would have to predict the future and development of the commercial aerospace industry. Perhaps we could see something like the late Stanley Kubrick envisioned in 2001:A Space Odyssey with shuttles being used by "Airlines" to transport people into space.  confused 

Cheers from BDL and BAF  wave 
DeltaGuy767
A Good Landing is one you walk away from!

jafa39

Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:26 am

America will finally admit that Richard Pearce (Kiwi) was the first person to fly, cuasing a hiatus in the production of 7107's. Mr Izard will then stop building Robins in Hamilton and start building the "Hamilton Jet", named after that other, waterborne, Kiwi innovation.

Boeing will be taken over by Wal-Mart in an effort to boost profits and outsource all production to a factory built on the Mexican Border.

Airbus will be bought out by Ryan Air and go down the pan after MOL declares "I don't give a shit how badly built they are, as long as they're cheap"

Once EZI switches to Hamilton Jets the Q. "A-B = ?" will have the simple answer "H"

Smile
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

NWDC10

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:17 pm

*Shakes Head*-I bet in 5 years A nd B are history. Why? We'll all see why. Robert NWDC10