ABfemme
Topic Author

Excel Airlines - That Bad?

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:57 pm

Hi Gang

I keep reading reviews on Excel about their notoriety for delays - We are off to Greece in August with Excel and am now wondering if I should try and change our Carrier - Is the Airline that bad ?? ( I have looked at Excels service on different sites and unfortunately they come out pretty bad with time keeping so to speak) I would appreciate your views and any experiences with the carriers infamous delays !! Should I change or not??

I do not want to spend hours and hours in an Airport waiting to go/return when we have limited time due to our work commitments.

Thanks in advance !

Regards
Claire
Women do not have hot flushes, they have power surges

mhodgson

RE: Excel Airlines - That Bad?

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:06 am

I'm flying them long-haul on Friday - from reviews I've read, their timekeeping is the worst aspect, with the actual service being decent. I can't say I had an issue with their short-haul product last year, it was on time and the service was excellent.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Vasu

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:12 am

Flew on their 762 last year and it wasn't an experience I'd want again! Mind you, apart from FCA, are there ANY decent UK charter 767s?

mhodgson

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:23 am

Quoting Vasu (Reply 2):
Mind you, apart from FCA, are there ANY decent UK charter 767s

I don't think XLA's 763s are bad - they have a 3 class configuration with leather seats, and are fairly recently refurbished instead of being left in various hybrid states. No PTVs, but I believe they have audio and screens in the aisles. The 762's are in a single-class configuration, I believe
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

B742

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:36 am

I've flown on their 738's before, was a pleasant flight  Smile

I flew LGW-TCP (Taba, Egypt) and return on Excel  Smile

The 738's are quite nice, leather seats on board!

I think the 763's and 738's are the nice aircraft of the fleet, I've heard the rest arn't half as good!

Excel has unfortinatly been receiving a bad name recently, I would personaly fly them again!  Smile

Rob!  wave 

mhodgson

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:54 am

Quoting Mhodgson (Reply 3):
I don't think XLA's 763s are bad - they have a 3 class configuration with leather seats, and are fairly recently refurbished instead of being left in various hybrid states. No PTVs, but I believe they have audio and screens in the aisles. The 762's are in a single-class configuration, I believe

Turns out only G-VKNG has a long haul config - but the TF-ATT has definitely been recently refurbished into her one-class layout, so should be nice enough.