FLAIRPORT
Topic Author

FLL-ATL-HPN On FL What To Expect?

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:53 am

I'm going up to NY to visit a friend. I will be flying FLL-ATL-HPN on FL. I'm very familiar with FLL and ATL as I live and have lived in each city respectivly. However, I have not flown FL in a while so what should I expect on my early morning flights? Also, what is HPN like?
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

DAL7e7

RE: FLL-ATL-HPN On FL What To Expect?

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:03 am

HPN is mainly a GA airport with a civil aviation minority. The terminal is nice, but once you pass security there are only restrooms. There is a viewing deck and a restaurant with air side view on the second level before security. The check-in is fast, and there are kiosks for all the airlines I believe. UAEX flies an An E170 in there, and there is a B1900D from somewhere, along with the DL CRJ and FL whatever. As I said earlier, the majority is GA, so there is a huge Biz Jet parking pad and hangars on one side of the airport. The approach over Westchester is extremely nice, except that the hills can sometimes cause severe turbulence. Overall, it is one of the best airports I have been too, and I can't wait to go back.

On FL, never flown  Smile

DAL7e7
DAL7e7 is wondering... Do pilots take crash courses?