deltadawg

Maxjet - Please Comment On The Service

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:26 am

I am getting ready to book another flight to UK/Europe for upcoming business. I am a loyal DL/SkyTeam flier but I keep getting e-mails from Maxjet and offers in the mail to try them.

I looked at the website but have not booked anything but thought I would ask here for insights into Maxjet about the service, experience, food, etc.? Also, I have flown mostly into LGW,LHR and MAN in the UK but never Stansted, how is STN and its services, ground transport, etc.?

Thanks for any insight.
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:27 am

In my experience, which was only one flight, I have just four words for you:

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

HS748

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:28 am

Try a search in the trip reports forum and you'll find at least three reviews, all of them somewhat more helpful than than previous response to your question!

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:37 am

Quoting HS748 (Reply 2):
all of them somewhat more helpful than than previous response to your question

Sorry about that. The experience was so harrowing that I'm mentally scarred. I have a hard time talking about it. I'm in therapy.

LHUSA

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 3):
Sorry about that. The experience was so harrowing that I'm mentally scarred. I have a hard time talking about it. I'm in therapy.

Can you at least give us a brief overview of what happened? I'm sure we're all interested to hear a good story.

From what I've heard, MaxJet is actually a pretty good value. Definitely not up to par with a typical legacy's business class, but much more comfortable than coach. Service and seats a bit generic, but overall worth the money.

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:10 am

Quoting LHUSA (Reply 4):
Can you at least give us a brief overview of what happened? I'm sure we're all interested to hear a good story.

LOL. Sure.

Perhaps it was the general nature of my trip that served to remove enjoyment from the flying part of it, but in any case, I won't fly with them again.

I was on a quick turn around business trip for a new contract in London that my company had signed. It was literally a case of fly in, work for a day, and fly back. I'd wanted to give Maxjet a try, so I booked AA from LAX to JFK in first and then JFK to STN on Maxjet.

My primary objective on the outbound flight was to sleep. That didn't happen because I found the seats quite uncomfortable, and the recline didn't allow for a good sleeping position. I found my neighbour to be somewhat noisy in his various coughing fits that he had from time to time. I had eaten before I left so declined the meal, but I had a glass of wine from a bottle that was corked. I asked for a replacement from a fresh bottle, and that was better. I also didn't check out the IFE system as I was favouring darkness and sleeping. Arrived in London an hour late due to headwinds and a holding delay over London in bad weather. The captain said it was due to Heathrow traffic needing to clear the area, which I thought was really unusual. Arrived after having no sleep, and went to work for a day in London. Slept pretty good that night at the hotel.

The return flight was were I made most of the evaluations. The STN lounge is nice, I'll grant them that, and staffed by friendly folks. One of them was telling me about some of the planned changes to the lounge etc. He said it was an ex-SAS lounge, and it certainly had that Scandinavian look and feel, but I sometimes felt like I was in an Ikea showroom. Still, a pleasant place to relax. Boarding was a bit disorganized as it was a pretty full flight and they called all seats for general boarding. Weird. Again, I found the seat uncomfortable. The food wasn't bad, but not what I would regard as international business class standard. The wine was much better this time. In flight service was somewhat lacking - it took me three attempts to get an attendant to my seat to compain about the IFE system they gave me. And bear in mind that IFE is my industry and my job. They use these personal players called DigEPlayers, which while they are a nice idea in theory, just feel like a cheap option. Mine developed a fault and was skipping scenes and had video/audio sync problems right from the start. I asked for a replacement, but they had no spares on board. That just seemed a bit silly. Where's the forethought? Landed late in JFK due to headwinds. Fortunately I had a fantastic flight in AA first back to LAX.

I know they're a cheaper option, but they're still not cheap. I don't feel that their service lived up to their advertising, and for the money that my company spent, there should be some bases covered that weren't.

HS748

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:19 am

Well, IFEMaster, having giving you a hard time for your first response it's only fair that I now congratulate you on your detailed and helpful report! To be fair to Maxjet, I thought they were targetting premium economy travellers rather than full fare business class travellers. Isn't Eos more suited to those used to full fare transatlantic business class travel?

LHUSA

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:27 am

Sorry to get off topic, but my curiousity is getting the best of me. How were the loads on your flights IFEmaster?

A340600

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:36 am

Quoting LHUSA (Reply 7):
How were the loads on your flights IFEmaster?

Please see

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 5):
as the flight was pretty full

Wink Don't know about the outbound though?

Sam Smile
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting HS748 (Reply 6):
To be fair to Maxjet, I thought they were targetting premium economy travellers rather than full fare business class travellers.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, but their website and certainly the literature that appeared at my company sometime in January certainly looked like it was touting a business class service. Having said that, premium economy is a good comparison. It's certainly better than my only premium econom y experience; BA's WT+.

Quoting LHUSA (Reply 7):
Sorry to get off topic, but my curiousity is getting the best of me. How were the loads on your flights IFEmaster?

Outbound was probably at 70% to 75% at a rough guesstimate. On the way back it was higher...probably 85%ish. I was sat in the 3rd and 7th rows, to I never really took much note of what loads looked like towards the rear of the aircraft. It's also kind of weird trying to guage loads in the lounge. Whenever I fly economy, I try and guage how full the aircraft will be based on the size of the lounge crowd. But when flying Maxjet, it was quite difficult to do because there are fewr seats, and the smaller crowd was quite deceiving!

I forgot to mention before that the aircraft also seemed a bit old. The bathroom in particular seemed like it could have done with a refit. I'm not sure where they got their aircraft, but I would bet they're probably 15+ years old.

alaskaqantas

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:29 am

I haven't flown maxjet, but I've heard that EOS is better, and if you look at the seats, it definitely looks better!!! flat bed... etc.
check out eos
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

travatl

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:41 am

Hmmmm.... interesting. Several folks that I work with have flown MAXjet, and had nothing but accolades about them.....

MalpensaSFO

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:21 am

Quoting Travatl (Reply 11):
Hmmmm.... interesting. Several folks that I work with have flown MAXjet, and had nothing but accolades about them.....

Have they flown international business class before?

Quoting Alaskaqantas (Reply 10):
I haven't flown maxjet, but I've heard that EOS is better

EOS, has been getting many great reviews. I would not be to shocked to see them enter IAD, BOS, YYZ to STN.
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

ANNOYEDFA

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:07 am

So basically there wasen't anything wrong with the flight for you to be so dramatic about. IFE breaks sometimes, the seat's by your standard's were unconfortable but plenty of people seem to deem them just fine and the late arrival's were not their fault. So once again a crying fit from another passenger for NOTHING.
"TWA... One Mission, Yours."

irobertson

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:18 am

You know, IFE, with all due respect, I understand you were expecting premium service, but most of these gripes (which you overly dramatized in the beginning) seem to be either random problems which could happen to anyone on any airline, or just common things everyone has to put up with on flights, like weather delays. I can understand you not liking the seats perhaps (though their website advertises that they have new lie-flat seats, so perhaps that criticism has since been heeded), but you didn't book on an all Premium First Class airline either; it was business class, not quite first class, better than economy. Perhaps you might reconsider the severeity of your claims since I'm sure delays, broken IFEs, and re-corked wine could happen on the best of airlines. I was expecting a story of broken down aircraft, rudeness, terrible food, things that really made it horrible. I would most certainly give them a try given the chance.

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:19 am

Quoting ANNOYEDFA (Reply 13):
So basically there wasen't anything wrong with the flight for you to be so dramatic about. IFE breaks sometimes, the seat's by your standard's were unconfortable but plenty of people seem to deem them just fine and the late arrival's were not their fault. So once again a crying fit from another passenger for NOTHING.

Wow. Someone really is an annoyed FA. Do you lack positivity in your disposition, or are you just generally a judgmental person? When you work a job as demanding as mine, I'll discuss what standards I should accept as a paying passenger with you in a non-assuming and open minded manner. Until then, shut your pie hole about "crying fits". There was no crying fit involved. I merely thought that they didn't live up to their promises and wasn't worth the money spent. I'm doing nothing more than exercising my right to choose another airline. My guess is that you work for Maxjet and don't like that I didn't like the service.

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:24 am

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 14):
You know, IFE, with all due respect, I understand you were expecting premium service, but most of these gripes (which you overly dramatized in the beginning) seem to be either random problems which could happen to anyone on any airline, or just common things everyone has to put up with on flights, like weather delays. I can understand you not liking the seats perhaps (though their website advertises that they have new lie-flat seats, so perhaps that criticism has since been heeded), but you didn't book on an all Premium First Class airline either; it was business class, not quite first class, better than economy. Perhaps you might reconsider the severeity of your claims since I'm sure delays, broken IFEs, and re-corked wine could happen on the best of airlines. I was expecting a story of broken down aircraft, rudeness, terrible food, things that really made it horrible. I would most certainly give them a try given the chance.

That's fair enough, but at the price I (well, my company) pay for premium tickets, any new airline I try gets one chance and one chance alone to get it right. Common problems or not, for similar money I can fly a handful of other airlines that have pretty much always got it right whenever I've flown them. I flew Maxjet to try something new and also because STN was the convenient side of London for my work. Didn't like and won't try them again.

wjcandee

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:01 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 3):
The experience was so harrowing that I'm mentally scarred

You know what? I totally agree with ANNOYEDFA in this thread.

The guy says, yelling, avoid at all costs.

Then he condescends about the other passengers, the wine, the friendly-but-not-sufficiently-luxurious lounge, the general boarding (which is now being done on several American carriers) and the seat which didn't recline far enough.

Dude...respectfully...you're paying what you'd pay for short-term coach, and less than premium economy. The seat is wider and reclines further than you'd get for that money. If you're important such that your company will spend $4500 for you to go to London in Club World or on EOS, then do it. But for like $1750 r/t, you can't beat the MaxJet product with a stick.

It's like complaining about Midwest Airlines because it's not "first class". The rest of us think it's great, but those To The Manor Born will look down their nose at it.

[Edited 2006-06-13 02:05:08]

N353SK

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:14 am

Also keep in mind how far STN is from London and how long/expensive your trip into london is going to be.

LAXintl

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:44 am

It seems Maxjet can be summarised as a premium economy plus airline, but far short of world class business product offering by carriers like BA and Virgin.

If you have a few dollars extra to blow above regular economy, and dont care to collect miles nor mind flying to Stansted, Maxjet seems to be a good offering.

However, if you want stronger business product, lots of schedule options, and frequent flyer miles stick to one of the legacy carriers.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

IFEMaster

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:05 am

Quoting Wjcandee (Reply 17):

You know what? I totally agree with ANNOYEDFA in this thread.

Dude! That was a funny post! Thanks for that. But don't give up your night job.

I guess I'll go back to my assumed manor now.

HS748

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:58 pm

Hey, stop giving IFEMaster a hard time! He's entitled to his opinion and expressed it without resorting to the kind of personal insults others have used. If you've got a positive experience of Maxjet yourself then post it, otherwise probably best to keep your nasty comments to yourselves.

deltadawg

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:39 pm

I think I will just stay with Delta and let you guys worry about the rest.

Thanks for the info. though.

Go DAWGS - Omaha bound!

wjcandee

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:04 pm

Quoting HS748 (Reply 21):
He's entitled to his opinion and expressed it without resorting to the kind of personal insults others have used.

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 20):
But don't give up your night job.

Riiiiight.

787kq

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:18 pm

IFE...
Coughing neighbor, strong headwinds, weather delays...right never fly Maxjet again!

EI321

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:27 pm

edit...........................wrong thread

[Edited 2006-06-13 16:30:36]

MaverickM11

RE: Maxjet?- Please Comment On The Service

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:38 pm

So once again a crying fit from another passenger for NOTHING.

You are in the wrong line of work. Unless you work for Northwest...
E pur si muove -Galileo

ArtieFufkin

RE: Maxjet - Please Comment On The Service

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:11 am

I just priced JFK-LON leaving on the 15th June returning the 19th

Maxjet $2100
EOS $6600 (With lay flat partitions)
AA Biz $6800
UA/BA Biz $9000+

Both Maxjet and EOS seem like good values. I wonder if this is making a dent in AA's or BA's premium market share on these routes?

nudelhirsch

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:25 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 27):
Both Maxjet and EOS seem like good values. I wonder if this is making a dent in AA's or BA's premium market share on these routes?

With AA just being priced $200 more, but offering major airport connections, FF program, worldwide network in OW, codeshares with BA, tight connections with BA for European flights and their own strong network in US? That's quite a perk package for $200. Looking at MAxjet's website and their pics, it does look like a similar type of seat and IFE AA is using (I know, IFE is different, still a similar approach), and AA is just upgrading their business class product.
They should not be a big bummer for AA...

Now, UA or BA, that's a different kind of animal. With that big price difference anybody who does not care about FF miles and either travels within fair reach of origin and destination or does not mind less convenient connections in order to get a better fare, I guess Maxjet is stealing some business from them...
Putana da Seatbeltz!

IFEMaster

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:33 am

Quoting 787KQ (Reply 24):
Coughing neighbor, strong headwinds, weather delays...right never fly Maxjet again!

Corked wine (not re-corked. That's different. "Corked" is of poor quality because the wine has reacted with the cork and essentially gone off), uncomfortable seats, below-par food, and most importantly - not delivering the service that they advertise. That's why I'll never fly Maxjet again. They approached my company touting an "all business class international service". Sorry, Maxjet is nowhere near international business class.

Quoting Wjcandee (Reply 17):
The rest of us think it's great, but those To The Manor Born will look down their nose at it

I would suggest that you refrain from making generalized personal attacks. When I buy a ticket for my own personal leisure trip, I sit in cattle class like "the rest of you", but my company pays for business or first because they need me to be in top shape when I arrive at my destination; rested, alert, and awake. You should know that "To The Manor Born" is the furthest from my family history as you can get, but when you've worked tirelessly since 14 years old to achieve what I have achieved, and become what I am today, then it's absolutely fair to expect the finer things, especially when travelling on business. The next time you work a 65 hour week and close a $3,000,000 deal, you'll understand.

don't give up your night job

I normally don't stoop to the personal insult level and I apologize for this remark.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:36 am

Well the big difference between EOS and AA Biz Class are the seats. AA is still going with the side by side recliners these days. EOS has seats on par with AA First Class. But really Maxjet and EOS are picking up local demand. I think you are right someone needing a connecting flight to LON is most likely not even going to know about Maxjet or EOS.

crjflyer35

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 9):
The bathroom in particular seemed like it could have done with a refit. I'm not sure where they got their aircraft

I've heard that same statement echoed more than a few times.

So once again a crying fit from another passenger for NOTHING

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 14):
You know, IFE, with all due respect, I understand you were expecting premium service, but most of these gripes (which you overly dramatized in the beginning) seem to be either random problems which could happen to anyone on any airline, or just common things everyone has to put up with on flights, like weather delays. I can understand you not liking the seats perhaps (though their website advertises that they have new lie-flat seats, so perhaps that criticism has since been heeded), but you didn't book on an all Premium First Class airline either; it was business class, not quite first class, better than economy. Perhaps you might reconsider the severeity of your claims since I'm sure delays, broken IFEs, and re-corked wine could happen on the best of airlines. I was expecting a story of broken down aircraft, rudeness, terrible food, things that really made it horrible. I would most certainly give them a try given the chance

Wow, that's a little harsh...

I guess I'll go back to my assumed manor now

rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting HS748 (Reply 21):
He's entitled to his opinion and expressed it

checkmark   highfive  thank you...sheeesh, the guy is asked his opinion on a subject than is torn to shreds.

I mean, whenever someone asks me who will win the Superbowl, my answer is always the Detroit Lions....it may be totally wrong, but at least like IFEMaster I stand by that opinion.
Ok, wait for the RJ to pass, cleared to push tail south Mike, and you're cleared to spin #2 in the push.

ArtieFufkin

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:54 am

A good field marketing effort could really clean up in NYC for Maxjet and EOS. The premium market to LON has about 6 or 7 big corporate travel agencies aligned with BA or AA mostly. Then you have a slew of Financial companies that have their own in house people. Maxjet and EOS could offer Bulk Bizclass tickets that these players who then could resell the seats. Booked directly with the EOS/Maxjet these bookings would not show up easily on BA's and AA's radar. In bookings reports these agencies would still show to be loyal AA/BA agents. The only clue would be that total revenue may go down but they can blame that on business conditions.

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:11 am

Quoting ArtieFufkin (Reply 27):
I wonder if this is making a dent in AA's or BA's premium market share on these routes?

I'm guessing not since BA/AA/UA seem to rarely bother matching fares. Moreover, if you're spending the company's money and you're receiving the benefit (miles, upgrades, whatever), why would you even bother with EOS or Maxjet?
E pur si muove -Galileo

ArtieFufkin

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:20 am

With these business customers, you are right they are not under preassure to reduce costs. As you say, the company is paying for it. It's really the corporate travel department that is charged with reducing costs. That's where EOS and Maxjet start to look good.

legion242

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:34 am

After comparing just the 2 websites of each MAXjet and EOS, it doesn't look like they are anywhere near each other in the product that they are offering. It all makes a little more sense now. MAXjet is really just a premium economy and EOS looks to be First Class. Huge difference in at least the way they are marketing and presenting their product.

And yes, IFE is entitled to his opinion- especially after he tried to defer and not go into details. I guess the devil IS in the details.
Don't make me release the monkeys!!

toltommy

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:49 am

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 12):
I would not be to shocked to see them enter IAD, BOS, YYZ to STN

Not to nitpick (plenty of others doing that in this thread), but YYZ-STN isn't possible for a US carrier. I think BOS would be a good move, however.

Garri767

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:57 am

ive heard much better things from EOS then Maxjet. and their seats look sooooooooooooooooooo much better!!!!!!

http://eosairlines.com/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi ---------EOS

http://www.maxjet.com/max_business_class_seat.php---------maxjet

NO CONTEST AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two wrongs may not make a right, but three lefts do!

deltadawg

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:04 am

Quote:
Corked wine (not re-corked. That's different. "Corked" is of poor quality because the wine has reacted with the cork and essentially gone off),

Technically speaking that is incorrect. "Corked" or more commonly referred to "Tainted" or "Cork Taint" is actually a reaction of wine with O2, or oxygen. You see, a cork is an imperfect seal for wine. If air penetrates the cork, and statistically 1 in 12 do, then air and the wine oxidates and ruins the flavor. There is another way to ruin the wine as well. TCA, also known as a chemical compound "2,4,6-trichloroanisole". Technically speaking, TCA is a mold. Molds may be originally present in raw cork bark or in wood used for barrels or barrel racks, tanks, scaffolding, walls, stairs, pallets, cardboard boxes, or other many other types of winery equipment or facilities. TCA can also can infect cork or wood that is in storage.

Thus, it may not have been Maxjet's fault. However, if the wine was left open for a period of time it can take on a musty or cardboard smell/taste. Unless you know the bottle was open then do not jump to conclusions. The answer to this quandry is screw caps on wine - that is my business. At least part of it but a big part.

Still, I think I will stick with Delta for now. Just booked it during lunch anyway.
5:55pm
ATL 7:15am
LGW

Arrives 23 Jul Nonstop 8 hr 20 min Delta 12
Boeing 777Business (D)
View Seats
London-Gatwick, United Kingdom (LGW) to Atlanta, GA (ATL) on Thu, 27 Jul 2006
9:00am
LGW 1:10pm
ATL Nonstop 9 hr 10 min Delta 11
Boeing 777Business (D)
View Seats
From $5,479.00 (USD) round trip
To find this price, see below. Price per passenger (USD):
View fare rules
round trip
+ Taxes/Fees =

Price per passenger (USD):
View fare rules $5,479.00 round trip
+ $113.13 Taxes/Fees = $5,592.13

britannia191a

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 am

And yes, IFE is entitled to his opinion- especially after he tried to defer and not go into details. I guess the devil IS in the details.

Absolutley agree, he is entitled to his own opinion but :

and the recline didn't allow for a good sleeping position

Define good sleeping position on any flight unless its maybe flat bed in First Class. Also I read the web site, did they not have leather seats with 2-2-2 config with generous leg room. Have they been lying on their web site

I found my neighbour to be somewhat noisy in his various coughing fits that he had from time to time

Must be a fault with Maxjet

but I had a glass of wine from a bottle that was corked. I asked for a replacement from a fresh bottle, and that was better

They changed your bottle ! Corked wine, very dramatic

Arrived in London an hour late due to headwinds and a holding delay over London in bad weather. The captain said it was due to Heathrow traffic needing to clear the area,

The bad weather must just follow Maxjet aircraft and never affect any other airlines.

which I thought was really unusual

Why!

I havent heard anything from you so far that is inside the control of the airline.

The STN lounge is nice, I'll grant them that

This is the first time I have heard something which is in the control of the airline and its is a positive statement

staffed by friendly folks

and another positive statement

One of them was telling me about some of the planned changes to the lounge etc

Another positive statement - Customer Service , being friendly , maybe wanting some feed back!

but I sometimes felt like I was in an Ikea showroom

- Ikea is a popular place. may feel clinical but is usually easy to clean, maintain and appeals to a lot of people. Its called the 21st Centuary

Still, a pleasant place to relax

So it didnt bother you really

Boarding was a bit disorganized as it was a pretty full flight and they called all seats for general boarding. Weird. Again

Oh my goodness, they didnt call all people at the same time. I found that very weird. So did it cause you any problems. Bet you expected seat by seat.

The food wasn't bad, but not what I would regard as international business class standard

- Theres only so much you can get from storing food on an aircraft frankly

The wine was much better this time

Another positive statement, glad you liked the wine. So not corked this time

In flight service was somewhat lacking - it took me three attempts to get an attendant to my seat to compain about the IFE system they gave me

Depends on how often you tried to call them. Maybe they realised something.

Mine developed a fault and was skipping scenes and had video/audio sync problems right from the start. I asked for a replacement, but they had no spares on board. That just seemed a bit silly. Where's the forethought?

Technology goes wrong. You should know. I do

Landed late in JFK due to headwinds

Another fault of the airline. Its that Maxjet weather system again following it across the atlantic

Fortunately I had a fantastic flight in AA first back to LAX.

What no-one coughing, weather better, no cork in your wine, no traffic at heathrow, did they call you seat by seat this time. How was the IFE system, food better, was it International business cuisine a la carte

wjcandee

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:15 am

Quoting Legion242 (Reply 35):
MAXjet is really just a premium economy

I don't think that 2x2x2 seating in a 767, with a steep recline, 60+" pitch, and legrests, is "premium economy" -- at least not on any American carrier.

Quoting Garri767 (Reply 37):
ive heard much better things from EOS then Maxjet. and their seats look sooooooooooooooooooo much better!!!!!

And their prices are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much higher. It's all relative.

Quoting Crjflyer35 (Reply 31):
the guy is asked his opinion on a subject than is torn to shreds

Well, welcome to a.net. But actually my issue was that on the one hand to yell "avoid at all costs" and "the experience was so harrowing that I was mentally scarred" and then to identify weather, other passengers, the wine service, the decor of the friendly lounge, the restroom, etc., as the complaints beyond seat comfort -- it just seemed over the top. And he did succeed in discouraging a guy who will now probably suffer in DL steerage just to get the miles. So there ya go.

Fortunately for maxJet, there is a huge NYC-London market of folks who are spending the company's money, but own the company or care about its success, and so don't just indiscriminately blow money on the basis that they deserve it somehow. These folks usually fly premium economy on, say, BA, and will get more bang for their buck on a service like maxJet. At least, that's the idea.

wjcandee

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:20 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 38):
$5,592.13

Ouch. So, let's see...you could have a suite at the Carlton, a RR limo, and as many female companions as you could handle for the extra $4500. But, hey, you get the miles.

IFEMaster

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:33 am

Quoting Britannia191A (Reply 39):

What a comedian.

Did you read any of my other posts. Care to respond to the post where I said...

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 29):
they approached my company touting an "all business class international service". Sorry, Maxjet is nowhere near international business class.

?

That's where my problem with Maxjet lies. The post that you replied to was in response to a request for detail of my trip. Perhaps next time try reading the entire thread before playing the funny guy.

deltadawg

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:54 am

Quote:
Ouch. So, let's see...you could have a suite at the Carlton, a RR limo, and as many female companions as you could handle for the extra $4500. But, hey, you get the miles.

Yes, you are correct. That is except that my company will not pay for the female companions or the limo. However, it is not the Carlton but I am staying at my usual hotel, Hilton Waldorf, and yes it is a suite. I play by the rules my company sets out for economy/business and that means business when going overseas. Coach domestically, but even then I usually get the upgrades. Just one of the perks for being away from family and putting in long/odd hours.

Oh, and yes when I am in Chicago, Las Vegas and so on I usually take customers to eat at Morton's or Smith & Wollensky's - but I could save $400 and eat at McDonald's. But I don't.

And I get the miles too.

[Edited 2006-06-13 19:55:32]

drinkstrolley

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:59 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 1):
In my experience, which was only one flight, I have just four words for you:

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Another self appointed critical "expert" who is full of his own self importance.

IFEMaster

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:02 am

Quoting Drinkstrolley (Reply 44):
Another self appointed critical "expert" who is full of his own self importance.

Another self-appointed personality expert who is full of his/her own ability to judge others based off one line on an Internet forum.

And clearly someone else who hasn't read the entire thread.

wjcandee

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:08 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 43):
That is except that my company will not pay for the female companions or the limo.

Exactly.

Provance

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:08 am

LOL. Sure.

Perhaps it was the general nature of my trip that served to remove enjoyment from the flying part of it, but in any case, I won't fly with them again.

I was on a quick turn around business trip for a new contract in London that my company had signed. It was literally a case of fly in, work for a day, and fly back. I'd wanted to give Maxjet a try, so I booked AA from LAX to JFK in first and then JFK to STN on Maxjet.

My primary objective on the outbound flight was to sleep. That didn't happen because I found the seats quite uncomfortable, and the recline didn't allow for a good sleeping position. I found my neighbour to be somewhat noisy in his various coughing fits that he had from time to time. I had eaten before I left so declined the meal, but I had a glass of wine from a bottle that was corked. I asked for a replacement from a fresh bottle, and that was better. I also didn't check out the IFE system as I was favouring darkness and sleeping. Arrived in London an hour late due to headwinds and a holding delay over London in bad weather. The captain said it was due to Heathrow traffic needing to clear the area, which I thought was really unusual. Arrived after having no sleep, and went to work for a day in London. Slept pretty good that night at the hotel.

The return flight was were I made most of the evaluations. The STN lounge is nice, I'll grant them that, and staffed by friendly folks. One of them was telling me about some of the planned changes to the lounge etc. He said it was an ex-SAS lounge, and it certainly had that Scandinavian look and feel, but I sometimes felt like I was in an Ikea showroom. Still, a pleasant place to relax. Boarding was a bit disorganized as it was a pretty full flight and they called all seats for general boarding. Weird. Again, I found the seat uncomfortable. The food wasn't bad, but not what I would regard as international business class standard. The wine was much better this time. In flight service was somewhat lacking - it took me three attempts to get an attendant to my seat to compain about the IFE system they gave me. And bear in mind that IFE is my industry and my job. They use these personal players called DigEPlayers, which while they are a nice idea in theory, just feel like a cheap option. Mine developed a fault and was skipping scenes and had video/audio sync problems right from the start. I asked for a replacement, but they had no spares on board. That just seemed a bit silly. Where's the forethought? Landed late in JFK due to headwinds. Fortunately I had a fantastic flight in AA first back to LAX.

I know they're a cheaper option, but they're still not cheap. I don't feel that their service lived up to their advertising, and for the money that my company spent, there should be some bases covered that weren't.

God that sounded like pure hell - how did you ever make it out alive .........

Are you sure that you havent exaggerated. that flight, from your report, sounded just fine. Maxjet cannt be held reponsible for

* tail winds
* people coughing
* the fact you ate already
* and your wine was replace with a freshly opened bottle

GET REAL and stop moaning
EI, FR, BD, RE, UA, XL, US,

IFEMaster

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:27 am

Quoting Provance (Reply 47):
God that sounded like pure hell - how did you ever make it out alive .........

Are you sure that you havent exaggerated. that flight, from your report, sounded just fine. Maxjet cannt be held reponsible for

* tail winds
* people coughing
* the fact you ate already
* and your wine was replace with a freshly opened bottle

GET REAL and stop moaning

Is there an echo in here? Read the rest of the thread!