VictorTango
Topic Author

UA's Outsourced Reservation Centers

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Since most of you are frequent UA flyers, how do you rate UA's outsourced call centers in terms of service? Share your good/bad experiences if any.

Olly

worldjet777

RE: UA's Outsourced Reservation Centers

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:40 am

Personally I hate them...It seems like I can do more on the internet than they can with their computers. I have started flying CO and they do a much better job of working reservations...
Cheers,
wj777
Now Your Flying Smart

Bicoastal

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:02 am

The absolutely worst decision United has made...well one of them. You should hear the disparaging words in the Red Carpet Clubs. The premium, high yield flyers whom United is trying to attract are PISSED OFF. Incompetent agents in India, giving different answers to the same questions and poor, poor service are the norm. I talk to a lot of gate agents and it's the number one complaint United is getting these days.

Anyone in Elk Grove listening?????
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

planecrazy2

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:13 am

I hate calling their outsourced centres. I can barely understand what they are saying and it is a huge pain to do the simplest things. Even as a Premier I get routed there and it's horrible. Now I just call at off hours and talk to an american and get everything sorted out without hassle.
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:18 pm

UA's call centers are incredibly inefficient at getting things done. For simple sales, I'm sure they're fine, but that's a function people would be better off doing online anyway. For making changes, even something as simple as getting assigned seating, they are either unable to do it, or it takes 4-5 times as long as someone who has a proper command of both english and UAs rules. I'm quite certain this largely elimates the cost advantage of the call center.

Honestly, I don't buy the "outsourcing is bad" argument. But it does piss me off as a customer when the outsourcing wastes a great deal of my time.