airbus3801

HP First? Thoughts?

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:01 am

I am flying HP First (if it can even be called that) in two weeks to JFK. I was wondering what I am going to get, especially food because I hear from some that I will and from others that I won't. Also what is the seat like?

HPLASOps

RE: HP First? Thoughts?

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:17 am

I haven't flown first class on very many airlines (just HP and CO domestic), and the seat isn't great, but it is comfy and large. I haven't had a bad meal sitting in HP F yet. They usually have a very good tasting pasta dish with a brownie for desert. You get a good meal.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

Bridogger6

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:09 pm

They actually just changed the menu in first... so I don't know what exactly is being served now but HP's food is generally good. The seat is comfy enough, but some competitors definitely have better F seats. So yes, as long as you're not flying on the redeye, you will get meal service. They will show a movie on board, but no PTV... your experience should be decent though. You will be flying with some of the best FA's in the sky (in general).

ANCFlyer

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:12 pm

Quoting Airbus3801 (Thread starter):

I experienced HP first many, many times in the late 1990s, DCA-PHX/PHX-DCA. Not bad at all. Typical Domestic First for the period. Also flew HP first ANC-PHX-SJC/SJC-PHX-ANC in 2002 and 2003. Again, typical domestic first. The only time I didn't get a meal was on the ANC-PHX redeye. Nothing special about it, but edible.

Please do a trip report about this experience as I'm scheduled on US out of ANC in Nov in F flying (HP)ANC-LAS-(US)CLT-BHM/BHM-CLT-DCA-PHX-(HP)ANC. I'll be curious to see what's new/different onboard.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

airbus3801

Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:55 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
Please do a trip report about this experience as I'm scheduled on US out of ANC in Nov in F flying (HP)ANC-LAS-(US)CLT-BHM/BHM-CLT-DCA-PHX-(HP)ANC. I'll be curious to see what's new/different onboard.

Will do, it will be a long report... as it will be PHX-JFK-AMS-BUD-AMS-JFK-PHX with the PHX-JFK route in first. Will let you know when it is up.