HT
Topic Author

LH Or LX From Europe To LAX C-class?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:15 am

I have to option to choose between two carriers for a flight from Europe to LAX in Business Class:
1. LH A343 via MUC
2. LX A343 via ZRH

While on LH I know what to expect, I wonder if I should give LX a try.
Having browsed through seatguru.com, I found that due to the F-section in LX's A343 the C-section is positioned further down the aisle with the wings obstructing downward views from some rows.

The LH should be "new" Business Class, however in contrast to last year meanwhile "F" is also offered on LH452 in late September ... - so I really hope it will be "new" Business Class !

Any comments if/why I should try LX ?
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

airxliban

RE: LH Or LX From Europe To LAX C-class?

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:29 am

Just from trip reports on here, everything I have read indicate that LX is better than LH in C-Class - particularly the seats and the service. I've heard bad things about both seats though.

I'd say go for LX.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

ANITIX87

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:55 am

I've never been on LH Business class, but LX is unbelievable. It's my favorite airline for many reasons.

I say go for LX. Plus, you get newer A343's, not that makes a difference. And you get to go through ZRH!

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

zrs70

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:29 am

Are you on a paid or a mileage ticket? Why are these the only two options? Are you sticking within Star Alliance?

Whether paid or award, I would try to get on NZ's LHR-LAX flight.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

HT
Topic Author

Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:58 pm

Tnx for the comments sofar.

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 2):
And you get to go through ZRH!

Was there earlier this month (connecting to KRK), will be there for the ZRH-meeting again ...
IMO the facilities at ZRH meanwhile are equal to MUC´s T2, but MUC has shorter lines at the security checks (though lines at ZRH move rather fast).

Quoting Zrs70 (Reply 3):
Are you on a paid or a mileage ticket?

To be paid on my own.

Quoting Zrs70 (Reply 3):
Are you sticking within Star Alliance?

Yes for this flight.
OneWorld is a no-no, as there are no more BA-flights HAJ-LGW.
SkyTeam: CDG is a hassle I want to avoid; KL leaves too early.
Flying out of another airport than HAJ is no option.

Quoting Zrs70 (Reply 3):
I would try to get on NZ's LHR-LAX flight.

These would give me a 5-hour layover outbound and 6+hr inbound, plus the hassle of connecting through LHR. And sofar I was unable to get a quote (provisional dates: 27-SEP / 12-OCT).

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

HBDAN

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:59 pm

First of all, I think LX cares a bit more about the service, but both are great carriers! Taken from www.airlinequality.com , left is LH, right LX (based on business class):

Business class 4-4
Check-in service 3-4
Transfer service 3-3
Arrival service 3-4
Lounge 6-7
Onboard feautures 13-16
Cabin seats (short & long haul) 7-8
Catering 7-7
Cabin staff business 7-7
Other staff service 13-14

TOTAL POINTS LH: 66
TOTAL POINTS LX: 74

You know LH... so give LX a try! The product should be better and you will discover something new!

Regards,
HBDAN
Next flight: hopefully soon...

CV990

Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi!

I flew LX from LAX to ZRH, HB-JMC, and although it was Economy I really enjoyed the flight, the airplane ( a mere 2 months old when I flew it..), the service and the swiss hospitality. So if I was you I would try LX!!! And besides that you will get in the "restricted group" of people that are flying the longest Europe/California segment....more than 12 hours with a great IFE, great food and great seat, what else do you need???
Regards and good flight!
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

HBDAN

Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:35 pm

They also have a promotion for LAX this summer in Economy class. On www.swiss.ch you can find a ZRH-LAX return all included from 1299 Swiss Francs (830 Euros or 1041 USD).

Regards,
HBDAN
Next flight: hopefully soon...