TransIsland
Topic Author

What To Do At LAX And MCO?

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:11 am

My wife and son (3 1/2 years old) are going to Australia, on the way down there, they have 7 hours at Orlando, on the way back they have about 12 at Los Angeles.

I just know that there have to be some LAX and MCO people on a.net that might be able to come up with some good ideas: What does one do at/near these airports to kill time with a child? (Neither my wife nor my son are likely to say, "Great, let's go spotting..."  Wink)

The LA Zoo website says it takes approximately two hours by bus from LAX to the zoo. Is that true? Sounds like an awfully slow trip. Is there a faster option?

Another idea would be a half decent hotel, preferably with a pool, and a shuttle bus, so they could get some rest and maybe have a bit of a swim. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

planecrazy2

RE: What To Do At LAX And MCO?

Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:05 pm

At LAX you could try any of the hotels on Century Bl. I can't reccomend one though as I have not stayed in them.

[Edited 2006-07-02 07:06:25]
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

folov

Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:08 pm

I have stayed in most of them, I like the four points, or the hilton that was just remodeled.... The radisson have the sleep number bed, best sleep i ever had.....they all have pools...
You can maybe get one day rental car for about 40 bucks and cruise around LA.... Lots of attractions, and legendary places... don t forget to get the gps so you don t get lost....

planecrazy2

Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:37 pm

If you want to take a visit to a nice beach town near LAX may I suggest you drive south a few min to Manhattan/Hermosa/Redondo Beach.
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

DLX737200

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:01 pm

I live in Orlando. With 7 hours only, the things to do are kind of limited. But, if they want, they could check out the attractions a bit. I don't recommend trying Disney or Universal or anywhere else like such, as they take too long to get to, enjoy, and get back. Plus they're overpriced. They could go to International Drive and check out the smaller attractions there like Magical Midway or Wet N Wild. There are also several tourist shops there to check out. I'm not 100% sure but I'm almost certain there are several methods of transport from the airport to I-Drive (International Drive). I'm sure there is plenty to do there to kill several hours. The question is just getting to and from I-Drive. Check out: www.orlandoairports.net to see if there is any info concerning ground transportation. The could also take a taxi but it may cost as much as $20 each way (plus tolls). Unfortunately, there isn't a lot to do around the airport area. Orlando Airport is somewhat placed in the middle of nowhere.

-Justin