Chulalongkorn
Topic Author

Best *Alliance Biz Class From SFO To Asia?

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:22 am

Was hoping to get some ideas as to which Star Alliance carriers have the best business class product that fly the SFO - BKK route. From SFO, the transit stop doesn't matter, ie. NRT, HKG, TPE, or Seoul, I think that about covers the transit options. Looking for the best seats, best service, maybe the newest planes.

Thanks in advance!
"feast like a sultan I do... treasures of flesh never few" - MJK

roseflyer

RE: Best *Alliance Biz Class From SFO To Asia?

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:33 am

I think SQ is probably the best Star Alliance carrier as far as high quality seats, service and very new planes. You would have to fly something like SFO-HKG-SIN-BKK. It is a bit longer and it might be a bit more expensive, but the Spacebed offered by Singapore Airlines is great. I enjoyed it on an 18 hour flight between EWR and SIN.

However other airlines are revamping their business classes too, so there are other options. ANA in particular is pretty good and going via NRT would be a lot better. I've flew Asiana a while ago and was not very impressed. I've also flown Thai, but never on their long haul equipment and while they have great service, they didn't seem to be up to the caliber of SQ. I just suggest that you avoid UA since their business class is outdated.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

NZFan

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:06 am

I think that NZ would be best you could do a SFO-AKL-HKG on the new 777

I do know that it is a long way around, but you do get brand new planes and new real flat beds with the beautiful friendly NZ service

Chulalongkorn
Topic Author

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:01 am

Thanks Guys!

We're actually looking to use our United Mileage Plus points for the trip. Got about 320k saved up for this trip, and there are 3 of us. On the United webpage it showed for a *A trip in Biz from N America to BKK, it's 90k per ticket. I guess it would be more for the NZ route. Worth it?  Smile Maybe...

Never flown SQ, so that's what we're leaning toward. But looking at all options. Anyone have insight to TG's LAX - BKK direct in Biz?

Thanks again!
"feast like a sultan I do... treasures of flesh never few" - MJK