sfuk

First Class Dress Code?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:20 am

Hey,

So anyway I'm off to the beer festival in Denver at the end of September and have just bagged a First Class ticket using mileage+ miles!!

Question is, is there any kind of dress code in first class on UA? I'm very much a jeans and flip-flops kinda guy.

Thanx in advance.

Stu
 drunk 

srbmod

RE: First Class Dress Code?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:23 am

No, as if you can afford the ticket, you can dress however you want. The only people that have a first class dress code are non-revs.

thering

Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:32 am

When pay thousands of dollars for a ticket (people don't really know if you payed or used miles) you can dress whatever you want.. You just can't go naked, otherwise you will be sued...
146 319 320 321 332 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 742 743 744 762 763 772 773 CRJ ER4 100 F50 F27 M11 D10

roseflyer

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:00 am

Just look as good as you need to in public. Distressed clothes will get you some bad looks. Of course the same is true in economy. On domestic flights you get a wide variety of dress. During weekdays, half the people will probably be in suits and ties or company polos/button down shirts. There usually are some pretty casually dressed people. Rarely are there people in shorts and tshirts, but that is probably because the people that can afford to fly first class or have first class paid for them are not the type to wear those types of clothes.

For long haul however I tend to notice that first class passengers are dressed more casually than economy passengers. If you are going to have a sleeper seat, then you might as well wear some for of pajamas. Although many people change once they are on board, especially when the airline gives you free pajamas.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:39 am

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 3):
Distressed clothes will get you some bad looks.

Who cares ? Dress codes on planes went out with the Hindenburg. If you've paid for the ticket, you can fly dressed in a toga with a lampshade on your head if you want. As long as what you're wearing isn't actually illegal (ie. not wearing anything at all) it's good for First Class.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

dtwclipper

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:42 am

Dress codes may have gone "out with the Hindenburg," however you will often find that when you are dressed a little better, you will garner better and more attentive service.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:48 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 5):
Dress codes may have gone "out with the Hindenburg," however you will often find that when you are dressed a little better, you will garner better and more attentive service

Why ? Only from shallow and materialistic people. What you wear has no bearing on who you are, as long as your behavious is polite and civilised. If you have purchased a First Class ticket, you are entitled to the same level of courtesy, professionalism and service as any other passenger. End of story. I'd have thought that judging people by their appearance was as old hat as the Hindenburg as well - maybe I was wrong.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

roseflyer

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:51 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 4):
Who cares ? Dress codes on planes went out with the Hindenburg. If you've paid for the ticket, you can fly dressed in a toga with a lampshade on your head if you want. As long as what you're wearing isn't actually illegal (ie. not wearing anything at all) it's good for First Class.

I said wearing distressed clothes will get you some looks just like it does in public. Will you be asked to leave? No you won't, but you'll probably get some bad looks on the plane and in the airport.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

dtwclipper

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 6):
I'd have thought that judging people by their appearance was as old hat as the Hindenburg as well - maybe I was wrong

I think you are, but this is just my opionion, to each his own! Big grin

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:00 am

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 7):
but you'll probably get some bad looks on the plane and in the airport.

As I said, only from shallow people, and who cares about them ?

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 8):
I think you are, but this is just my opionion

I'm not saying that people don't judge others by their appearance, I'm just saying they shouldn't. One of the most important lessons I've learned - the time to make your mind up about people is never (not mine, I heard it in a movie, but the sentiment is true). If a person is an asshole, they can be dressed in a thousand-dollar suit and still be an asshole.

jetdeltamsy

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:02 am

Quoting Sfuk (Thread starter):
So anyway I'm off to the beer festival in Denver at the end of September and have just bagged a First Class ticket using mileage+ miles!!

Question is, is there any kind of dress code in first class on UA?

Not for a revenue customer. Using mileage still classifies you as a revenue pax.

Blue jeans and flip flops are just fine.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

dtwclipper

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:06 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9):
If a person is an asshole, they can be dressed in a thousand-dollar suit and still be an asshole.

Couldn't agree with you more on that.

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 10):
flip flops are just fine.

Just don't sit next to me.

Sorry, I'm old school. I think shoes and socks are appropriate attire for travel.

Just my 2 cents.

2H4

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:11 am

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 10):
Blue jeans and flip flops are just fine.

Just hope you won't have to evacuate in them....

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

Ken777

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:15 am

I generally wear cotton pants and a casual shirt, along with casual loafers. Everything under $40 each, so it's not a serious investment. The use of natural fibers is simply in case there is an emergency and I have to go down the slide. Flip flops wouldn't be the best in that situation either. On business trips I add a navy blazer - the extra pockets are nice and I fill them with stuff before going through security - easier than emptying a bin.

If I'm hoping for an upgrade on a business trip I'll throw in a tie, but then I'm an old fart who thinks that can work now and then - and it does.

Regardless of where I'm sitting I don't pay that much attention to how people around me dress. I prefer that they have focused on taking a bath or shower within the last day or so. Next in line of importance to me would be manners and personality. I've had some great flights sitting with some very interesting people and some real duds who never said a word - which is why I always take a good book with me.

Most important - just enjoy your trip and have a great time on the flights!

JGPH1A

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:30 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 11):
I think shoes and socks are appropriate attire for travel.

But why ? If the feet are clean and non-stinky, what's the problem if they're in slops ? Better in fact than shoes and socks, and very comfortable. I admit I don't fly in slops often (only short flights going to tropical islands, usually), but I don't have a problem with it - most people take their shoes off in flight, and taking off slops has the advantage that there is not sudden unpleasant release of foot pong.

dtwclipper

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 14):
But why ?

Like I said before, I'm old fashioned. Just my  twocents 

georgiaame

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:53 am

Whatever. I just hope you aren't sitting next to me. Um, not that I want to get personal, jeans and flip flop kind of guy that you are, but, how do I phrase this?

You do bathe, use deodorant, and clip your toenails, don't you? Not that it's any of my business (well it is really when you start invading my personal space...) nor is it required to fly up front, you understand.

Also, regarding your bare feet: The likelihood of your aircraft being involved in a major accident is slim to none. But it isn't zero. Do you really want to be running through burning kerosene in flip flops, or bare footed? Is being a pig really worth it?

Just my 2 cents.

And I love being asked if I'm non-rev. Discounted, absolutely, but I love to impress the crew dressing like a mench. I guess it's the way my mother brought me up.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

TACAA320

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:02 am

I'm very much a jeans and flip-flops kinda guy.

Just dress whatever makes you feel good.
Remember [if you're paying for your ticket], that the client is always right. They will not deny you to board for using jeans and flip-flops.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

ContnlEliteCMH

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:06 am

One day I received an automatic upgrade to first class on Continental due to my elite status. Since I wasn't traveling for business, I came in shorts, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes and socks. The guy next to me had on a nice wool suit with a tie. The flight attendant treated me a little strangely for about a minute, until she heard me say, "Yes ma'am" and "Thank you ma'am." And since she doubtless had a list of people sitting up front, I'm sure she figured out quickly that I usually travel for business.

After that, she treated me no differently than anybody else, which is to say she treated me in a grand manner.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 14):
Better in fact than shoes and socks, and very comfortable.

Gonna have to disagree with you there, Bob. Call me a snob, elitest, non-egalitarian -- whatever you want -- but I think flip-flops are low rent. Don't worry. I think this even when my wife wears them. It's a point on which we can agree to disagree. I also think the same thing about shorts which hang down to the middle of the calf, underwear shown by men or women, or any form of wife beater. Combine that with tramp stamps and decorative metal not part of your attire, and you fit right into a stereotype I strive to avoid. The more people try to be non-conformist, the more they look like all the other non-conformists.

In fact, if *I* owned the company, the dress code would probably say no sleeveless tops for men or for women, no shoes without socks for men, and absolutely no open-toed shoes for anybody. But since I don't set the dress code for me or my fellow employees, I can go with the flow.

In no case will it affect how I treat you, even if it affects what I think of you. I'm sure flight attendants do the same.
Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. Anthropogenic Global Warming. All are matters of faith!

sfuk

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:06 am

Quoting GeorgiaAME (Reply 16):
Is being a pig really worth it?

I'm sorry, are you saying that people that wear flip-flops are pigs??

EddieDude

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:08 am

Is being a pig really worth it?

Hey Dr. H, this is not my thread and flip-flops is something I wear at the beach or to take a shower in my sports club, period. However, I don't see how you can equate someone wearing jeans and flip-flops with being a pig. It just does not add up. I think that remark was uncalled for and somewhat rude to our friend Sfuk, who is entitled to wear whatever he wants. If he wants to wear on board what he feels is his most comfortable attire, more power to him.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

halls120

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:22 am

Dress codes may have gone "out with the Hindenburg," however you will often find that when you are dressed a little better, you will garner better and more attentive service.

Absolutely. When I check in wearing a suit, I find it much easier to get an upgrade. I've gotten free wine on domestic flights sitting in Y as well.

You can't fight human nature. I've never been treated poorly when wearing jeans, but I'm always treated better when I'm dressed more formally.

Also, regarding your bare feet: The likelihood of your aircraft being involved in a major accident is slim to none. But it isn't zero. Do you really want to be running through burning kerosene in flip flops, or bare footed? Is

Excellent point. I would never wear sandals or flip flops on a plane just for that reason.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

comorin

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:37 am

Do AI and SQ cabin crew still wear sandals? If so, isn't this a hazard to their personal safety, and impede their ability to evacuate in an emergency?

Just curious.

isitsafenow

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:38 am

Flying in the 21st century.........the Richard Simmons look with flip-flops is in....
but not for me. I'm business casual F or Y.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

airA380

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:56 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 21):
wear whatever he wants

He can't be naked if he wants to or wear somthing which reveals the mouse...need i say more. flip flops and shorts are fine.
I'm flying without wings!!!!!!!!

dutchjet

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:56 am

Flying in First? Tuxedos for the gents and cocktail dress for the ladies. And, wear your best jewels, have your hair done and dont forget the manicure. Maybe a face lift is in order?

You must be kidding me, you paid for the ticket (money or miles or a combination....does not matter, you paid) so wear whatever clothing you are comfortable in. There is no dress code on board for any airline.

I fly a lot, for biz and for pleasure, and if I am doing a 14 hour trip, I wear comfortable clothing, something that I can sleep in and move around in, and I am lucky enough that I usually sit up front.

As for the upgrade thing, nice clothes dont get you seats up front in 2006.....when upgrades are to be issued for operational and/or other reasons, the airline will pull up a list of its best frequent flyers that happen to be booked on the airplane and give the upgrades to "Elites" on the flight and those who paid the highest fares. The airline does not analyze what you are wearing. Long ago, passengers would try to chat up the gate agents and claimed that if they were wearing a business suit that they would land an upgrade, most of the stories are BS....nothing more than horny business men trying to hit on the gate agents and in their fantasy they got upgraded before, after or during sex with the gate agent.

Different rules apply to airline employees that are non-revving.....the airlines usually require employees to wear biz casual attire (say khaki and a button down shirt and dress shoes [opposed to sneakers or sandals]) in order to be considered for a seat in the premium cabin.....the exact rules vary from airline to airline.

Have a good flight.

Starlionblue

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:04 am

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 3):
Rarely are there people in shorts and tshirts, but that is probably because the people that can afford to fly first class or have first class paid for them are not the type to wear those types of clothes.

"not the type to wear those types of clothes"? Something of a generalization. The reason most people who "can afford to fly first class or have first class paid for them" are dressed business or business casual is becaus they are, in fact, flying on business. I dress pretty casual for work, but I am still going to meet a customer, so I wear slacks, nice shoes and a shirt at the very least. But if I'm going on vacation, I will wear shorts, sandals and a t-shirt, often in first class.

You will find plenty of people in "trashy chic" in Biz and First, especially during the weekend.

If your clothes are clean and "non ragged", and your feet (or the rest of you) don't smell, you will be fine. I have flown next to very sharply dressed gentlemen who have reeked of smoke and booze. Give me a clean surfer dude anyday.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

lredlefsen

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:18 am

Do you really want to be running through burning kerosene in flip flops, or bare footed?

Exactly.

I always wear clothes made of natural fabric (cotton) with long sleeves and legs to cover my skin, and sturdy shoes and socks, regardless of where I sit. I sometimes kick off the shoes after takeoff, but put them back on before landing. I also wear my seatbelt when I get in the car, and shred my old bank statements before I toss them -- hey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean "They" aren't out to get you!  Wink

I remember watching a documentary that recommended women should absolutely not wear nylons on a plane, because of the danger of extreme burns in case the nylon is exposed to heat even briefly -- it'll fuse to the skin. Same goes for most other synthetic fibers.

Leezyjet

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:20 am

Normally the (non business) people wearing suits and shirts and ties (dresses for ladies) in F are the ones that can't afford to fly in F and think thats what you have to wear (usually Y travellers using miles to u/g). The ones in jeans, T-shirts etc are the ones who can afford to fly F so they know they can wear what the hell they like.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

SA7700

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:38 am

Quoting Lredlefsen (Reply 27):
Exactly.

I always wear clothes made of natural fabric (cotton) with long sleeves and legs to cover my skin, and sturdy shoes and socks, regardless of where I sit. I sometimes kick off the shoes after takeoff, but put them back on before landing.

When you kick of your shoes and a sudden emergency should emerge, prohibiting you from putting on your shoes, are you going to be able to run through the burning kerosene in your socks?

I travel on a regular basis to the USA and Australia, sometimes in J-class on revenue tickets. When I pay $6300+ for a return ticket on SA in J-class, I have no calms about travelling in the most comfortable clothing available. For the record, I have never been "treated differently" on QF or SA in J-class, anyway other, than the snob in the suit (next to me) who picks his teeth with his fingernails....  confused 

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

fbgdavidson

Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:50 am

I never bother 'dressing up' for flying in premium classes, purely for comfort, and oddly in my case I don't find jeans that comfortable, got a nice pair of chinos with very comfortable lining that are perfect. Can't really wear t-shirts with chinos so comfortable shirt to match.

I'll wear the supplied pyjamas on flights where they are handed out (day or night) and on overnight flights where they aren't I bring my own. They act as a great sweat absorber, clothes preserver and all-in-one napkin  Wink

People who wear suits on mid or longhaul flights are really out of touch with longhaul travel today. They wouldn't wear such attire for a long car journey would they?

Only with crew who should have gone down on the Hindenberg, or who were old enough. Giving attentive service based on what someone wears is pure idiocy. I'll let my mouth do the talking, not my clothes.

And I love being asked if I'm non-rev. Discounted, absolutely, but I love to impress the crew dressing like a mench.

Can't the crew see the manifest?
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

isitsafenow

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:11 am

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 30):
Only with crew who should have gone down on the Hindenberg,nor who were old enough. Giving attentive service based on what someone wears is pure idiocy. I'll let my mouth do the talking, not my clothes.

You would sure think that wouldn't you?
Appearance does help, at times, get what you want and the correct attention you may desire. Sometimes the mouth does more damage then good.
Been there-seen & heard that on the employees side of the desk.
safe

alaskaqantas

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:30 am

however you will often find that when you are dressed a little better, you will garner better and more attentive service.

I am 14 years old and i seem to get more respect when dressed up nicely. Now I'm not saying that you need to wear a tie like me, you can wear what ever you want.

personally on long-hauls I always wear slacks, a button up shirt and if I'm flying alone a tie, I find the slacks very comfortable and I'm use to wearing a button up shirt. Now I do wear flip-flops and a shirt if I'm at a beach, or its hot out, I just like to be nicely dressed when traveling alone as I am a 14teen year old boy and people have assumptions about boys my age.  Wink
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

SA7700

Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:34 am

Quoting Isitsafenow (Reply 31):
Been there-seen & heard that on the employees side of the desk.
safe

Never judge a customer by his/her appearance...

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

1stfl94

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Quoting Comorin (Reply 22):

I think SQ got rid of the sandals after the Taipei crash as a number of the surviving crew had severe burns on their feetn because their sandals came off very easily, don't know about AI though.

ANCFlyer

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:54 pm

Then fly coach.

Only from shallow and materialistic people

I am neither shallow nor materialistic, but I did get taught how to properly present myself in public.

I'd have thought that judging people by their appearance was as old hat as the Hindenburg as well

Likely did - but a Grateful Dead T-Shirt and Fuck You hat is not in the cards for the front cabin.

Decent pair of slacks, polo shirt, decent pair of casual shoes - I think that's acceptable. I'll even wear a decent pair of shorts and a polo shirt if I'm really going casual.

I have worn jeans - but they've been pressed, were clean, and didn't look like they'd been in the bottom of a closet for month.

I certainly don't travel in a suit and neither do I look like a rag bag without any personal pride in my appearance.

Jeans and flip flops - no go. If you wanna present yourself in public that way - what the hell do I care.

And whether it is fair or not the guy in the decent slacks, polo shirt, with the decent manners is going to get treated better most of the time. It's human nature. That's just the way it is.

And keep your feet off the wall while I'm at it.

[Edited 2006-07-30 14:56:18]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

wrighbrothers

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:55 pm

When I fly F, I wear a smart short seleved shirt, dark blue/black trousers, my school shoes and a belt, now that's because I ahve to, but also because I personaly like to feel smart when travelling in first class

Wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

TACAA320

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 35):
Then fly coach.

He has already his ticket in F.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

isitsafenow

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:03 am

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 33):
Never judge a customer by his/her appearance...

Of course...but what the customer says and how he says it is the deciding
factor....appearance is a distant second.
Remember, when the customer approached the airline employee, he wants something. It is usually in your power to grant the request. If the customer is low keyed in his request, I granted it. If he was authoritative, brash and loud, he or she got nothing from me.
safe

[Edited 2006-07-30 19:06:34]

SA7700

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:20 am

Quoting Isitsafenow (Reply 38):
If he was authoritative, brash and loud, he or she got nothing from me.

From what I have seen at boarding gates, it is usually the guys / gals in the "power suits" that like to throw their weight around. That is just my observation.

Rgds

SA7700

AC320tech

Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 am

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 1):

Yes, Employees are the only ones that have to worry. If I show up to fly (cause my father works for AC) with just jeans and a T-shirt, I wont get on in any class. I always dress "fancy" so if there is no room in Y, and room in J, I will get it if everything goes as planned.

Outlier

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:16 am

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 39):
From what I have seen at boarding gates, it is usually the guys / gals in the "power suits" that like to throw their weight around. That is just my observation.

Well some people are very very very important, they see themselves as "power players." They need the suits, the computers, blackberry's, cell phones, because they have a job that forces them to be on call 24/7, suck up to others, work very hard, travel all the time, and carry all that crap around.

What they don't get is that the true power player doesn't carry jack.  wave 

kmh1956

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:15 pm

My daughter (about 16 at that time) summed it up nicely for me after viewing some folks boarding first class dreswed in what can best be described as beach attire...jeans and shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. She informed me that they were showing no respect to the people who were flying 100+ people across the Atlantic and ensuring their safety. She said "if they have worked and trained so hard and long to get those jobs, the least we can do is show them some respect by dressing well." (We were in economy.....and dressed casually and comfortably, but well.)
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

catholic2006

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:21 am

You are about to get on a plane. I would dress as comfortably as possible.

Why ? Only from shallow and materialistic people. What you wear has no bearing on who you are, as long as your behavious is polite and civilised. If you have purchased a First Class ticket, you are entitled to the same level of courtesy, professionalism and service as any other passenger. End of story. I'd have thought that judging people by their appearance was as old hat as the Hindenburg as well - maybe I was wrong.

I totally agree.

BTW, I LOOOVE your flag!!!  Wink

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 25):
after or during sex with the gate agent.

You're horrible!!! lol

~chris~
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

zrs70

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:08 am

It's rude to play loud music in an eclosed area.

It's rude to smell bad in an enclosed area.

It's rude to swear loudly in an enclosed area.

And it's rude to wear offensive clothing in an enclosed area.

That said, it's up to interpretation as to what offensive means. But we don't live in an "if you don't like what I'm saying/ doing/ wearing, screw you" world.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

Outlier

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:09 am

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 43):
You are about to get on a plane. I would dress as comfortably as possible.

Comfortable doesn't have to mean cheap, dirty, grubby.

I think what you are wearing up top is more important than the bottoms. People tend to look from the waist up when dealing with you. Jeans aren't that big of a deal if they're clean and not full of holes.. But a good Polo or sport shirt, rugby type shirt, will bring you up a notch in a simple, easy, comfortable way. Anything is better than a t-shirt.

aa61hvy

Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:24 pm

I've flown AA first more than a few times. I've never dressed up and the service was fine. I never got any weird looks,
Sample of the routes flown on AA first:
DFW-EWR
DFW-ORD
DFW-KIX
DFW-SJO
LHR-ORD
etc...
Not one bad look.

Wear whatever you would like.
Go big or go home

September11

Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:15 am

I remember reading a thread here about a passenger who was taken off the plane because of her shirt in bad taste.
Airliners.net of the Future

PHLBOS

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting September11 (Reply 47):
I remember reading a thread here about a passenger who was taken off the plane because of her shirt in bad taste.

She was booted off her connecting flight (on WN) because she refused to cover up (w/a sweater/sweatshirt) the obscene message on her t-shirt after being asked several times by a F/A (who probably received comments from offended passengers IIRC) to do so.
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

Delta767300ER

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:51 am

Their is no dress code on U.S. Domestic First Class Flights unless you are a Non-Rev. From my experiences I see that most people in First Class are wearing suits and ties but most of them are businessmen. I'm a pretty casual guy myself but if I was flying F/C I would at least wear a pair of khaki's, and a polo shirt. I tend to fly Delta and Northwest and always wear a polo shirt representing the airline. I get better service and am asked a lot if I work for them.

-Delta767300ER