nin67

AA In Business Class JFK-LHR

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:37 am

I am considering flying AA from JFK to LHR in Business Class on the 777. However, I have been reading the reviews on Skytrax and they are really really bad. Is it truly that horrible. My other option is to fly BA via Manchester in Club World.

WeAreUnited

RE: AA In Business Class JFK-LHR

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:32 am

I've only flown AA one time- and it wasn't in business class.

However, I have flown in BA Club World and I absolutely LOVED IT!!

The seats are very comfortable- the entertainment is great- and the food is excellent!! Only complaint I had was the FA's disappeared for most of the flight after the service. They were wonderful- don't get me wrong- but I woke up super thirsty with an empty water glass.

So, if I were to give my vote- I'd say BA. Even though you have to connect....

roseflyer

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:53 am

First off when you read the Skytraxx passenger opinion section, you have to realize that the people who comment usually are the ones that had bad experiences. This is true about all of the airlines. More often than not you get people that have a very strong opinion with it either being good or bad. The horror stories that you read on there are fortunately pretty rare.

With that said, AA in business class isn't that great. It isn't aweful, but not great. They are just starting to refit cabins with new lie flat seats. The current seats aren't that great. The service is about average. All in all, fly AA if you want the miles or it is most logical for you, but BA and VS have fully flat business class seats and at least equal if not better service.

If you want a different experience, then you can fly Eos or Maxjet. If you want a premium business class for a decent price, then fly Eos. If you want to save money, fly Maxjet. Both serve Stansted, but they are a bit different.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

fbgdavidson

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:10 am

If your only choices are AA JFK-LHR and BA JFK-MAN-LHR then I'd go with AA to be quite honest.

The flight is pretty short and although I haven't flown AA in J, the BA service is well documented to be very good on the whole and likely to beat AA into a cocked hat overall.

If you aren't already AA Plat or AA Gold (or have any other OW FFP to send the miles and points too) then sign up for AAdvantage and register for Platinum challenge. You should earn Platinum on the two AA J legs alone.

Can't you push to get BA direct to LHR?  Wink
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

alaskaqantas

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:53 am

for me that wouldn't be a question, BA. everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

I'm not to sure why you would need to go through Manchester (unless of course you want to Wink) If you are booking in advanced it will be ABOUT $3,538.01USD. that is JFK-LHR nonstop.

I personally would definitely go with BA!
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
have you also looked into VS?
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

nin67

Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:40 am

Thanks for the insight. The reason that I can't go direct to LHR is that I am flying through to India. The complete fare in Business with BA flights to India and back is about $3200. The only catch is that the transatlantic portion is on AA. The reason the MAN flights are an option is that AA codeshares on those flights with BA, so they come up. Crazy. Wish I could go BA all the way...

Venezuela747

Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 pm

Well if you take BA isn;t going to be a 767 which Buz class is not that great, I'd rather take AA, plus you'll get to experience BA when you fly on to India. So take AA and their T7 which is pretty nice.
ROLL TIDE!!!

mhodgson

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Quoting Venezuela747 (Reply 6):
Well if you take BA isn;t going to be a 767 which Buz class is not that great,

Actually, the JFK-MAN 767s are refitted, and now have the same Club World seats as the rest of the mainline fleet.

Plus you may be lucky, and get an AVOD equipped 767.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

nin67

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:05 am

I decided to go BA for most of the trip with the exception of the JFK-LHR flight which will be on American. The remainder will be on BA, 777, and then I will do the Manchester stop over on the way back to the US. I will do a trip report and post a link here, middle of Sep. Thanks for the insight!